Desperately need help with my gps.

Whenever i turn it on, it says upload not present. I have never uploaded anything to it and i lost the owners manual. It has never been used before and i really would like an answer by tomorrow. (i want to go geocaching <_<)

I have no idea what is wrong with it, so could someone please help me?

Hi C

First of all, forget to expect results by tomorrow. This unit is old, very old but with patience and help from a few, okay a lot of old timers in the community you "might" be so lucky as to recurrect it from its long sleep.

First of all I would download the manual at link: http://www8.garmin.com/support/userManual....ct=010-00138-00

I know it is boring to read old stuff - but please do so. This is not a computer game that you just fire up and shoot all. :laughing:

The upload problem is not something you try to do. It has something to do with getting the newest - 2003 version of software needed. Do you still have the cable to connect it to the computer? You would need it.

When posting here please give the details to the serious old timers about the cable available, your computer etc.

Lets hope for the best. <_<