Travel Bug Inventory

trainlove

Here is an idea for us spy's and police.

How about showing us what travel bugs are in a cachers inventory when we are looking at their profile?

This would act as a self imposed police action to prevent disgraceful and unprofessional activity such as keeping bugs for way too long, or in a case I'm aware of someone STEALING what they believe belong to nobody anymore, namely the Jeeps of yesteryear.

At least in that case he had to good fortune to have logged that he TOOK the jeep in question.

** This is my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Groundspeak in any way **

I, as a player, am not a TB police nor do I think anyone who plays this game should be. To me, the object of the game is to get out and find caches and move the little fun numbered objects around from cache to cache.

-Raine

Here is an idea for us spy's and police.

How about showing us what travel bugs are in a cachers inventory when we are looking at their profile?

This would act as a self imposed police action to prevent disgraceful and unprofessional activity such as keeping bugs for way too long, or in a case I'm aware of someone STEALING what they believe belong to nobody anymore, namely the Jeeps of yesteryear.

At least in that case he had to good fortune to have logged that he TOOK the jeep in question.

Oh, the humanity!

Howabout letting the tb owner deal with his own problems. It's absolutely none of your business.

michelle

Edited by CurmudgeonlyGal

The key word here is "self imposed".

If these disgraceful geocachers know that their distasteful actions "could" be monitored then they wouldn't act so blazingly wrong.

The cacher in question actually bragged about his activity before clamping up.

Actually you can already see what bugs they have in their drop inventory but I'm assuming you want some sort of scarlet letter to expose them to public scorn.

I don't see that happening too soon.

Do what the lady says and leave it to the owner.

Actually you can already see what bugs they have in their drop inventory

You can? Easily? Would you care to share where one can find that information? I am clearly missing something.

Regards

Andrew

Who does not have a position either way on the suggestion.

Edited for being dumb to early in the morning.

Edited by Aushiker

Only as easy as it is to scroll through the history of the bugs they've found.

Access the cacher's profile and select the Trackables Tab. Under List of Trackables Moved/Discovered click the TB icon. That'll show the bugs they've logged and the current location status of that bug. If the location shows their name, they got it.

Actually you can already see what bugs they have in their drop inventory but I'm assuming you want some sort of scarlet letter to expose them to public scorn.

Really, you will scroll through the thousands of bugs that xyz has handled, not to mention coins, many of which actually travel and are not part of peoples event sharing notebooks.

Really, you will scroll through the thousands of bugs that xyz has handled, not to mention coins, many of which actually travel and are not part of peoples event sharing notebooks.

What I said was that you can already see what bugs they are currently holding, I made no claim on the quickness of gathering that data.

I guess changing the system would depend on the need for it.

What did you want it for again? Oh yeah, self imposed police action to prevent disgraceful and unprofessional activity.

Good luck with that.

edit: changed one word.

Edited by BlueDeuce