mio

Luckless

I turned on the TV to find a couple of guys on shopnbc selling the mio portable GPS. Wow are those babies loaded- ubs port- video and digital picture display- media player- cellphone. Although it said it was portable I don't think it could be used for geocaching. Was just wondering if mio makes a GPS suitable for geocaching? Anybody know? Wanted to learn more about them.

I turned on the TV to find a couple of guys on shopnbc selling the mio portable GPS. Wow are those babies loaded- ubs port- video and digital picture display- media player- cellphone. Although it said it was portable I don't think it could be used for geocaching. Was just wondering if mio makes a GPS suitable for geocaching? Anybody know? Wanted to learn more about them.

I have a Mio Digi-walker C310x. It features detailed street maps and a built in SD memory card .mp3 player. It works perfectly in getting me to where I am going on highways and streets but has a lot to be desired when i take it out of the vehicle. Fist off it doesn't have WAAS. Which is a must. It also only takes input in the (N XX.XXXX W XX.XXXX) format, which means i have to convert all of the cache locations by hand or have the website do it cache by cache. I have not yet been able to send cache locations to the unit using LOC waypoint, and do not believe it is possible. This is an excelent in car unit but when it comes to using it geocaching it falls way behind. I am looking into buying a Garmin hand-held unit for when i get within walking distance and leaving all of the road work to my Mio.

My buddy has a C310...He also complained about the Lat/Long Input thing...

But we found a way around that...I just cant recall what.

From what I read, the C310 was just a kind of stop-gap product. They released it to get something to market fast, and get their name out there, until they could release something better.

Check into the 510, 720 or even the 550...I think the reviews I've read on those indicated they had more features and functionality than the 310.