Stuffin A Cache - What Kinda Stuff Do You Fill With?

TCDunkin

I've recently really gotten into the hobby, somehow this is slightly more addictive then I expected it to be. I'vew found a few caches in ammo can type containers, some in empty pretzel containers etc, and a few nano and 35mm cans... I do have to admit the ammo can ones are prolly my favorite, always offering me a chance to drop a few little items and maybe trade for something cool.

Recently I stashed my first hide, I used an empty gallon plastic mayo container from the bar where I work. I put the usual stuff inside... a log book, 3 pens, some AA batteries (a necessity for gps's!) and then... went about filling my container.

My inventory was...

(From Family Dollar)

little flashlight with battery

calculator

2 decks of playing cards

hand wipes

(From my junk drawers)

McDonalds toys I had laying around

little wooden gavel

stainless steel cue chalk holder

keychains

little trinkets, some loose change, and other small goodies

(from my ebay stockpile)

some embroidery sample pouches

dog treats in vacuum sealed wrap

small nylon pouches from glucose meters

(from my geocache pile)

travel bugs I collected elsewhere

some new nano logs

So... you can pretty well tell... the container was packed to the top full of goodies.

All of my future ones will include the usual items... being log book, at least 8 AA batteries taped in groups of 2, and some pens...

and all will include some new 'trail' type stuff like hand wipes etc...

and all will include some sort of geocache goody... unactivated coin or tb, some logs for someone to start a new one, maybe some little containers (I'm a photographer and packrat)

What I'm looking for is... ideas of other things that you... the other geocache seekers and hiders... would like to find or like to place in your caches...

I like to make them fun to find... and try to cover all age groups (and sexes!) with a toy or two, female & male interest stuffs... so ideas are appreciated!

Happy Huntin!

TC Dunkin

Welcome to the Forums! :D And, thanks for placing a cache. It sounds good . . . but you might want to take out the dog treats. Even though they are sealed, animals have a keen sense of smell and could be attracted to the container. It is recommended that no food items, or scented products, be placed in caches.

Kit Fox yours looks like a well stocked cache too. However, when you put that cute little kid and that dog back in, isn't it a little hard to get the lid of the ammo can closed? :D

Too Funny!

Kit Fox now that is what i call a well stocked cache,and the little ones are as cute as ever!!

Thanks for the compliments.

One more cache:

5b4280fc-280d-46a0-91b3-8b6eb51520a8.jpg

Very cool caches!

That's kinda what I'm talking about.. Of several ammo cans or other containers I've found... I was starting to wonder if anyone stocks them with things I'd deem... 'worth finding'

that may have come out a tad wrong... I'm not disrespecting anyones caches... I've just found a few that seem to be stuffed with things you'd get for a quarter out of a bubble gum machine. I'm not looking for pirate treasure.. Just saying... a big part of the adventure for me is wondering what I'm going to find.

One cache in particular I've found, amazed me at the literature, historical and well thought out 'themed' contents that went very well with the cache hiding spot. The one of which I speak was located at a cemetary that has fallen almost to ruin... contained printouts of photo scans, some printouts of census data from the early 1920/1930 census etc... was pretty neat to sit there for an hour and just check the stuff out.

I appreciate all the responses... loved the pics!!! Things in your caches is what I had in mind... useful things that people would want to find!

I remember seeing some of those emergency blankets and some first aid kits at the army navy store... may have to go peek <_<

Here's one thing that I think I've stocked one or two of in every cache I've placed: plastic safety glasses. They're inexpensive, and useful. I use them at work when I walk through the shop, but they have plenty of uses around the house as well, just seemed to me like a good item.

We are currently pushing our Psycho Urban Cache #16 - Radioactive Isotope Hotel cache through the review/publishing process, and so far we have stocked it with:

• a logbook, pen and pencil
  • stash note explaining geocaching
  • 28 highly radioactive thorium-nitrate soaked lantern mantles manufactured in Hong Kong
  • 110 antique green uranium glass/"vaseline glass" radioactive marbles
  • chunks of pitchblende ore
  • a small ziplock bag containing 4 grams of of polonium dust, much the same stuff that the contractual ultra-assassin reportedly used to kill Aleksandr Litvinenko in London
  • an antique 4 ounce glass bottle of radium watch dial/clock face luminescent paint, dating from 1932
  • 54 capsules of radioactive Americium ore removed from discarded smoke detectors
  • one used enriched U238 fuel rod from a military Class B2 fission reactor
  • 18 grams of ballotechnic liquid red mercury from a Soviet source, which may be used -- with appropriate support hardware -- to trigger a thermonuclear fusion reaction in a tritium or deuterium-tritium mixture.
  • a 48 oz bottle of 99.999% deuterium, aka heavy water
  • a large glass ampoule containing 355 mg of pure tritium gas, with high specific activity of about 57000 Curies/mol.
  • one half of the mass of enriched U238 uranium removed from a decommissioned ICBM missile nuclear warhead.

Unfortunately, our local cache reviewers are giving us a hard time about several aspects of the new geocache hide, even though it is located on our own wilderness property and safely enclosed behind two layers of 5.5 foot high electric fence to keep out geomuggles and other undesired finders; their chief concerns seem to be liability and the potential for destruction of large chunks of the environment due to a possible thermonuclear event.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Way to go...all of you that stock caches full of great things. That is how I used to get my kids to go with me. I used to stock mine with great things as well. But around here lately, all you can find is a bunch of worn out Mc toys that have dead batteries! This is usually after the cache has been around a month or so. What ever happened to trading up? I can't even get the kids to go anymore. As a matter of fact, we haven't went out in quite a while. When I ask them they will say, "sorry dad, it's just not that much fun anymore". Trinkets are a great thing to keep the kids going. As a parent, I want them to experience the outdoors and all of the treasures that that brings. But without a little "prize" to exchange for the kids, the fun seems to subside (for them). Please keep putting out caches with lots of great things in them, and always trade up. Tell your friends and newbies to do the same. Maybe someday, i can get the kids interested again. Until then......cache ya later.

Dog toys are a big hit for us. This past weekend we came across a cache that had a lion handpuppet. While not technically a dog toy, she went nuts for it when I put it on my hand and waved at her! It was love at first bite! After stunning it thoroughly, she marched it all the way back to the car. Moxie and her Lion

We usually put a dog and /or cat toy in our caches for other people w/ pets. Other good items are bungee coords and caribineers.