Ye Ole Survey Monuments

Jonovich

Hi folks,

We've had a fleeting visit of the Ye Ole Survey Monuments virtual cache and I bagged it whilst it was here, and I appreciate I can bag it at previous locations it has visited too, something I intend to do. This obviously will create a cache that I have visited multiple times in various locations. What I was wondering, is how folks manage this cache and it's multiple finds/locations with their GSAK database and their MM exports?

What I have done is create a seperate "Ye Ole Survey Monuments" GSAK database and populated it with the previous locations XML file available on-line. On here I've set the Thurlby cache I did as "Found". I've also amended the ICONS.TXT Memory Map macro to also include YSM prefixed caches: -

# if this is a cache, ascertain what type via array index

if left($d_Code, 2) = "GC" or left($d_Code, 3) = "YSM"

$wIndex = at($d_CacheType,$kCacheTypeKeys)

$wCacheType = Extract($kCacheTypeDesc, ";", $wIndex)

And I then run my MM exports against both databases.

The downsides I'm getting is that the original cache in my geocaching database will now always be displayed as found in both GSAK and then the subsequent MM export, even though I've not necessarily found it at it's current location. I could set it to NOT FOUND, but on my next "My Founds" PQ import it returns as found.

What do other folks do to manage their YOSM finds and yet maintain their stats?

Cheers,

Jon.

On the other hand, checking my files it seems I only made icons for Trig Pillars, Flush Brackets and Cut benchmarks, which isn't useful for trigpointing.

If you still want them, they're here: http://grand.edgemaster.googlepages.com/OSIcons.zip

It also seems that I've lost the script I had for trig types, developing a for-release version of the icons script and keeping it separate from your personal version is difficult.

(I'll also note that MM isn't my primary mapping tool, I mostly use paper maps due to not owning a PDA)

snip....

I've also amended the ICONS.TXT Memory Map macro to also include YSM prefixed caches: -

# if this is a cache, ascertain what type via array index

if left($d_Code, 2) = "GC" or left($d_Code, 3) = "YSM"

$wIndex = at($d_CacheType,$kCacheTypeKeys)

$wCacheType = Extract($kCacheTypeDesc, ";", $wIndex)

And I then run my MM exports against both databases.

I amended my icons.txt macro to include the above and then got an END.. ENDIF error in the symbols set...

It was calling for an extra line (13) when there were only 12.. :P:)

I amended my icons.txt macro to include the above and then got an END.. ENDIF error in the symbols set...

It was calling for an extra line (13) when there were only 12.. :P:)

Ouch... the only change I made was that shown in bold... namely: -

or left($d_Code, 3) = "YSM"

Will happily have a look at your icons.txt and check it for you if you wish, just send it over to dakar4x4 at yahoo.com.

Cheers,

Jon.