Mag segment limit?

BelchFire

I've read in this forum that my Vista HCx has a map segment limit of 2025 segments, although I only downloaded 1985 when I loaded TOPO 2008. What I haven't done, however, is load another mapping program and thus is my question. If I buy CN 2008, will the map segment limit be a total of 2025, or will it allow me to load 2025 for CN and 2025 for TOPO as well?

I've read in this forum that my Vista HCx has a map segment limit of 2025 segments, although I only downloaded 1985 when I loaded TOPO 2008. What I haven't done, however, is load another mapping program and thus is my question. If I buy CN 2008, will the map segment limit be a total of 2025, or will it allow me to load 2025 for CN and 2025 for TOPO as well?

Total for all Map Sets whether 1 type of map or 5 types of maps the total number of map segments is limited to 2,025 or up to the capacity of your memory card - whichever occurs first.

or up to the capacity of your memory card - whichever occurs first.

2GB card with 1985 segments of TOPO 2008 is 981.x MB. Looks like I'm limited to a 3-4 state area if I want to load CN, but I'm just guessing.

Area for area, is CN smaller, the same, or larger than TOPO?

With a few exceptions, CN NT is divided into one segment per state/province. All of CN NT, including all of the US, Canada and Puerto Rico is only 64 Segments and 998.5 MB.