Feature Request

aerospacecase

It would be very convenient if there was a way to exclude finds by other cachers when planning a power caching day.
You can do it with GSAK. The easiest way is to filter out caches using other person's found query. But it would be nice if the PQs allowed you to do this.... :D Edited by TrailGators
The easiest way is to filter out caches using other person's found query.

The easiest way would be a violation of the TOU. Sharing files - even between premium members - is a no-no.

This problem was discussed in the end of February 2006 in the GSAK forums. There are several solutions listed there.

Since that discussion itsnotaboutthenumbers.com has gotten permission from Groundspeak to do a comparison of finds between sets of users, provided all of the users upload their AllFinds PQ to that site.

Oh boy.

I didn't know that sharing PQ's was a no no.

I had recently suggested a method for some power cachers to find ALL caches that NONE of them had previously found by using GSAK and Copy DB with mark userflag on duplicates. Caches with no userflags set are not found by any of them...

Will have to tell them not to do that. But I think the intertion of not sharing files is not violated with this use of files, as long as nothing more is done with them.

You still can do it that way - but not by sharing the PQs. In that thread on the GSAK forum I mentioned that I did the process through a tedius method without violating the TOU. The caches I was traveling with each had well over 1000 finds.

Solution: I download the LOC files 20 caches at a time. 1000 caches=50 pages of downloads. It's tedius, but not unreasonable - and there's no violation of TOU.

Admittedly, it would be most cool to pick a list of cachers and get a PQ (with all of the other criteria available) where all of the cachers on the list have not found the caches.

Oh boy.

I didn't know that sharing PQ's was a no no.

I had recently suggested a method for some power cachers to find ALL caches that NONE of them had previously found by using GSAK and Copy DB with mark userflag on duplicates. Caches with no userflags set are not found by any of them...

Will have to tell them not to do that. But I think the intertion of not sharing files is not violated with this use of files, as long as nothing more is done with them.

Thank you for following up with the cachers to whom you gave the incorrect advice.

Here is the language from the terms of use for pocket queries:

Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

This language was modified awhile back precisely because of misconceptions like "I thought that premium members could share files between themselves, because they are both licensed."