Feature Request: Nano size option

thermopunk

Currently, although Groundspeak sells "nano" caches, the only option when placing one of these is to choose micro and let fellow cachers know that the cache is in fact nano in size in the item description. Is a difficult code change to allow "nano", in addition to micro, small, regular, large in the item description? Pocket quaries could then also be used for nano's. What are your thoughts?

I think there is too much information given about caches as it is. After we specify nano, will we add more specific dimensions?

What about type of container?

What about adding a check box for hide method so we'll know to look under a rock instead of in a fence?

Someone might like to know what color the container is, or if it's camouflaged, and if so how?

All this information is needed as a selection in order to filter out the cache, but it also gives away so much of the hide it makes it too easy.

I vote no for a new nano category for the cache.

nano category makes sense. Most "nano" caches are statistically smaller than a 35mm canister. Doesn't make sense to consider them the same thing. The size difference makes a completely different hiding place possible. Key is that it is substantially smaller than a micro.

I disagree, anything smaller than a 35mm is still a micro.

A nanometer is a unit of measure. Just like inches, feet and miles. By definition a nanometer is one-billionth of a meter. A meter is about 39 inches long. A billion is a thousand times bigger than a million, as a number you write it out as 1,000,000,000. That is a big number and when you divide a meter into one billion pieces, well that is very small. So small you cannot see something a nanometer in size unless you use very powerful microscopes like atomic force microscopes.