Landsharkz Christmas 2007 Snow Globe Geocoin

Landsharkz

Landsharkz' Christmas 2007 Geocoin will be unveiled next week to the folks on our newsletter. Sample coins are on their way from the mint and for now we would like to tease you with a morsel.

1ec83a65-618e-41c1-a01b-fe19ae9361ce.jpg

We had to coach the mint to try a new technique and from the look of the sample photos they've managed to create something very magical, just like the holiday season itself! This is a Christian themed geocoin... first in a holiday series from Landsharkz.

You can decide next week if it's worthy of your attention and praise :laughing:

Hmm...maybe snow, a night sky, and the back of a penguin?

Looks so nice and glittery, I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this thread!

A Christian penguin - yup that's it! /jk

Nice and glittery is correct - 1 point!

You never know what faith a penguin could be...they could be Christian. :laughing::) We're penguins and we're Christian. But seriously now...

I can't wait until this coin is available though. You guys did a great job on this one!! :D :D

Hmm...maybe snow, a night sky, and the back of a penguin?

Looks so nice and glittery, I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this thread!

A Christian penguin - yup that's it! /jk

Nice and glittery is correct - 1 point!

You never know what faith a penguin could be...they could be Christian. :laughing::) We're penguins and we're Christian. But seriously now...

I can't wait until this coin is available though. You guys did a great job on this one!! :D :D

Why did I know I had this coming :D

Landsharkz%20Christmas%202007%20Snow%20Globe.jpg

Presenting..... the front of the Landsharkz Christmas 2007 SNOW GLOBE Geocoin!

Design/Production notes:

This is our first coin with epoxy! LOL!

It's 2" tall, two tone both sides. It's trackable with a custom icon and a hanging loop.

The base is black beneath and designed with raised polished nickel metal filligree - this is carried over to the back.

There will be two versions - black nickel/polished nickel and black nickel/polished gold.

We've asked the mint to put the glitter in the epoxy rather than the paint so that it looks like a freshly shaken snow globe.

The back of the coin wasn't quite the way we expected WRT metal plating and paint - the die is fine, but the metal finish and paint are being modified for the final production run - we'll have some art to show you later on.

On the front we're going to make the 'Searching for the Perfect Treasure' text black nickel, otherwise it's staying as-is.

The back says:

'While searching for your treasures,

don't forget to ponder,

the special reason for the season,

full of good and wonder'.

The back is also two-tone and painted; the base of the snow globe will be the same as the front with the addition of the tracking number.

We hope you like it ;)

Landsharkz' Christmas 2007 Geocoin will be unveiled next week to the folks on our newsletter. Sample coins are on their way from the mint and for now we would like to tease you with a morsel.

1ec83a65-618e-41c1-a01b-fe19ae9361ce.jpg

We had to coach the mint to try a new technique and from the look of the sample photos they've managed to create something very magical, just like the holiday season itself! This is a Christian themed geocoin... first in a holiday series from Landsharkz.

You can decide next week if it's worthy of your attention and praise :grin:

Love it, can' t wait!!!

Edited by gardengorilla

28944e8d-1636-44f9-babe-2f58872587fc.jpg

Presenting the front of the Landsharkz Christmas 2007 Snow Globe Geocoin and really nice art of the back :blink: . When we got the samples we saw ways that the coin could be improved so there are are couple of edits happening to the back. We are also changing the metal plating of the words on the front to be black nickel so they are easier to read.

A short presale of this coin will begin shortly via newsletter. We don't normally do pre-sales, but we can see a couple of benefits with Christmas approaching ;)

If you choose to pre-order, your envelope will be ready to stuff with coins on December 10th when these arrive, and if we haven't minted nearly enough, then there is time to get more made and have them arrive a week or so later. We did err on the side of caution so we didn't mint as many as we would have if we'd had months to list them. There will be two choices - both are two-tone both sides. There is going to be black nickel/polished nickel and black nickel/polished gold.

We are so looking forward to hanging some of these on our tree!

A short presale of this coin will begin shortly via newsletter. We don't normally do pre-sales, but we can see a couple of benefits with Christmas approaching :)

Looking forward to the preorder. I think I'm supposed to be on the mailing list, though I can't remember the last time I got a message from it. ;)

Like tell the whole world, eh?! :laughing: We accidentally deleted one of our 3 lists a few months ago and we've been slowly putting it back together. You should have got mail about 2 weeks ago - whatever date is on the newsletter on our site is the last time we sent one out.

If you haven't heard from us for a while, then we lost you! :D Rest assured I added you again before I replied to this post :D

A short presale of this coin will begin shortly via newsletter. We don't normally do pre-sales, but we can see a couple of benefits with Christmas approaching :D

Looking forward to the preorder. I think I'm supposed to be on the mailing list, though I can't remember the last time I got a message from it. :laughing:

Like tell the whole world, eh?! :D We accidentally deleted one of our 3 lists a few months ago and we've been slowly putting it back together. You should have got mail about 2 weeks ago - whatever date is on the newsletter on our site is the last time we sent one out.

If you haven't heard from us for a while, then we lost you! :) Rest assured I added you again before I replied to this post :)

Wanna add me back too? Must be a "peter" thing. I've not gotten good news from ya'll in a while ;)