How do you store your coin collection?

ShmilyNMe

I'm still relatively new to coin collecting so up until now a nice sturdy ziplock bag has been my storage container for my coins. Needless to say, the bag is getting heavy now and it's time to move on to a better storage method.

I've seen some folks storing their coins in notebooks. Where do you get the pages? Do any of you store your coins in something other than notebooks? I'd love to hear some of your "best practices"! :unsure:

In a drawer, gotta take a pic and post it one of these days...

:) Hmmmm.... I think there should be a race - see who is/has the fastest mover! :)

I've been out of touch for the last week for one reason or another so I completely missed out on Lady Luck... Does that mean I'm unlucky? :)

Ah, creative minds thinking alike :D I finally bought me some lock N lock s and slammed dunked them in.

Don't worry, they are Still in their protective things that they come in. My older son always says that I need to get "organised" :D . Well, it seems like when I do, I can't find anything :lol::) Oh, yeah, they are Still in their own not so little drawer

Here are some options available to you.... (could be viewed as an evolution or an intellingent design)

1. The box...

b38f1bde-19ae-42a3-a705-098d11da37a7.jpg

2. Hmmmm... Tupperware.

f9d96294-2412-472f-9682-556cae853fe6.jpg

3. The 3 Ring Binder....

dfb610f7-28c6-4d8b-8937-6f5a73c5a971.jpg

4. Geocoin Album...

e9a2a783-cdc0-4eb8-b31b-a9429c7991a1.jpg

5. Geocoin Collection ...

f3f4f8e5-eed1-48aa-8441-cdbf7b8d7a03.jpg

6. The Trading Box...

c2640d19-1224-4d87-a6c3-de9791533472.jpg

Edited by Droo

If I may ask a stupid question...why are people keeping geocoins in a personal collection?

I thought they were meant to be in caches, tracked from cache to cache.

I too love the coins and have just bought my first one.

As nice looking as it is I am partial to parting with it but will do what is necessary and activate it then place it in a cache. Isn't that what they are for?

Perhap I should buy 2 each time, one for the cache and the other for my personal collection???

Cheers

If I may ask a stupid question...why are people keeping geocoins in a personal collection?

I thought they were meant to be in caches, tracked from cache to cache.

I too love the coins and have just bought my first one.

As nice looking as it is I am partial to parting with it but will do what is necessary and activate it then place it in a cache. Isn't that what they are for?

Perhap I should buy 2 each time, one for the cache and the other for my personal collection???

Cheers

Cause they're pretty and shiney and sparkly :)

(and, each one was bought or traded for, not taken out of caches :) )