Magellan Crossover GPS

JetSkier

Took my new Magellan Crossover geocaching last night and, overall, it worked out great! The vehicle navigation is excellent (but then again I think it’s excellent on the Garmin Nuvii and the Magellan Maestro). The outdoor mode is a little more difficult. If you’re a hardcore Garmin user, you’ll hate this unit but if you’re a hardcore Magellan user, you’ll love it! If you’re in between, here are my list of downfalls and workarounds (for outdoor mode using firmware 2.14) …

Downfall: When routing to a cache, the unit will stop routing when you get somewhere between 100’ and 10’ of the cache and give you a message that you are “near your destination”. Most of the time it was letting me get within 10’ before it did this. Only a couple of times did it do it at 100’.

Workaround: There are two workarounds here (besides re-entering the go-to) 1) exit the compass screen into the map screen and “tap” the current location. This will bring up the waypoint. On this screen it will give you the distance to the waypoint. If another item came up with the waypoint (such as a street), arrow down to the other POI, move closer to the cache and then arrow back up to the waypoint to get a new distance. 2) exit to the map screen, “tap” the current location and then select the waypoint. Note the decimal numbers for the lat and long. Enter the compass screen and work yourself north-south and east-west to get the lat long numbers close. In Florida, 0.001 is about 6’.

Downfall: The unit will only list waypoints in alphabetical order, not nearest to your current location.

Workaround: 1) Use the trip planner to enter your waypoints in the order that you want to find them. That way you have a list in the unit of the order. Don’t use the “Guide Me” mode here because once you get close to the waypoint, it will automatically switch to the next one in the list with no notification. 2) Goto the map screen and select the next waypoint by “tapping” it.

Downfall: The windshield mount is a two hands job to line up the holes with the tab and snap it into place without breaking the mount.

Workaround: Use two hands!

Downfall: GPSBabel creates a UPT file with the GC number as the name and the Description as the description. The unit only lists waypoints by their name.

Workaround: Manually load the UPT file and swap the two fields. You have to add the ending line of “$PMGNCMD,END*3D” anyways otherwise the UPT file won’t load.

The documentation says the battery will last for 8 hours. I cached for 5 hours and the battery indicator said I still had 3 of 5 bars. Does this mean I’ll get 10-12 hours? I’ll test that next time.

Edited by JetSkier

The documentation says the battery will last for 8 hours. I cached for 5 hours and the battery indicator said I still had 3 of 5 bars. Does this mean I’ll get 10-12 hours? I’ll test that next time.

I was skeptical at first about the battery life of this device, because most companies inflate their battery performance numbers. However, the first time I tried to test the battery life, I made it to 8 hours and it still had juice to go. I didn't end up testing it's limit, but 8 hours is pretty good for a device like this, so I was happy ;)

I was skeptical at first about the battery life of this device, because most companies inflate their battery performance numbers. However, the first time I tried to test the battery life, I made it to 8 hours and it still had juice to go. I didn't end up testing it's limit, but 8 hours is pretty good for a device like this, so I was happy <_<

I was also skeptical about the battery life because my Meridian doesn't get nearly what the specs say it should get. I was pleasanlty surprised when I still had 3 bars left after 5 hours of continuous use!

I have had my crossover for about 3wks. now with no glitches. It gets used in both my jeep and my work vehicle. Street level is great.. Will find out in the morning how well it works for off road use. My only complaint is the miss lead from Magellan about the add on software. All ad's indicated that the unit could use Mapsend topo 3d usa. When reading the manuel for the unit it is stated that you have to use topo 3d usa SD card version (which of course is not available yet). ANd now can't locate a topo 3d usa on disk either.

Contacted customer service........I must have missed the part of school where i was suppsed to learn indian or paki for that matter. But No luck finding anything out from them.

I had a little Hiccup with mine yesterday. It wouldn't turn on! I tried pressing the reset button, pressing the reset button while holding the power button, etc. Finally, I pressed and held the power button for about 20 seconds and it started booting up. It came up with the Magellan text across the screen and a progress bar that said "Loading". It took about 15 seconds to finish booting up and it's been working fine ever since.

I was afraid I was going to have to call Magellan Tech Support and send it back ... after reading other peoples nightmarish encounters with Magellan Tech Support, I was sweating it!

I've recently updated the firmware to version 2.14 and I have a couple of updates to my original post.

1) When I geocache, it will mostly let me get to within 10' of the coordinates before it tells me that I am "near my destination". Only one time did it do this outside of 10'. So, IMO it's pretty useful for geocaching now.

2) Magellan has released free software called "Mapsend Manager". This utility will convert WPT files to UPT files and it will put the required "$PMGNCMD,END*3D" line at the end of the file. You only need to edit the file if you want to swap the GC number with the Description.

3) They also released their "VantagePoint" software but I am unable to get it to recognize my Crossover. Actually, this software is prettly lame if you ask me. It doesn't really do anything for me and it's very user-UN-friendly! If anyone has been able to use this software with the Crossover, please let me know...

JetSkier

I've recently updated the firmware to version 2.14 and I have a couple of updates to my original post.

1) When I geocache, it will mostly let me get to within 10' of the coordinates before it tells me that I am "near my destination". Only one time did it do this outside of 10'. So, IMO it's pretty useful for geocaching now.

2) Magellan has released free software called "Mapsend Manager". This utility will convert WPT files to UPT files and it will put the required "$PMGNCMD,END*3D" line at the end of the file. You only need to edit the file if you want to swap the GC number with the Description.

3) They also released their "VantagePoint" software but I am unable to get it to recognize my Crossover. Actually, this software is prettly lame if you ask me. It doesn't really do anything for me and it's very user-UN-friendly! If anyone has been able to use this software with the Crossover, please let me know...

JetSkier

I just upgraded to 2.14 also.

Vantage point will not recognize my unit either.

I really like the unit as a car device. It's my first.

My previous handheld wasan Etrex Legend, it had a really nice screen that let you configure multiple columns or blocks that showed trip time, max speed average speed, etc...

If the crossover has these functions I have not been able to find them.

I'm not sure I'll keep the crossover or not. Time will tell.

The Crossover has a Trip computer. In Vehicle Nav mode, goto options and then Trip Computer. It shows you Avg Speed, Trip Time, Drive Time and Trip Distance. You can start/stop and reset it from this screen.

My zoom only goes to 200' in Outdoor mode but goes to 100' in Vehicle Nav mode with 2d map display.

JetSkier

I have had my crossover for about 3wks. now with no glitches. It gets used in both my jeep and my work vehicle. Street level is great.. Will find out in the morning how well it works for off road use. My only complaint is the miss lead from Magellan about the add on software. All ad's indicated that the unit could use Mapsend topo 3d usa. When reading the manuel for the unit it is stated that you have to use topo 3d usa SD card version (which of course is not available yet). ANd now can't locate a topo 3d usa on disk either.

Contacted customer service........I must have missed the part of school where i was suppsed to learn indian or paki for that matter. But No luck finding anything out from them.

Try the CD anyways - I use Topo Canada CD as well as DirectRoute Europe and you know what Magellan says about that - "Can't be done!" Well there is no special trick here - just put it on your PC create your Map region - save it on your HD and copy it to an SD card - place it in your unit and away you go. I use the 2200T-NT - upgraded to a crossover and it works fine in outdoor and marine app.

If you can still find the CD version I would recommend them as appose to SD card map purchase.

email me for more info ezeechair@rogers.com

Edited by jlg234

The Crossover has a Trip computer. In Vehicle Nav mode, goto options and then Trip Computer. It shows you Avg Speed, Trip Time, Drive Time and Trip Distance. You can start/stop and reset it from this screen.

My zoom only goes to 200' in Outdoor mode but goes to 100' in Vehicle Nav mode with 2d map display.

JetSkier

Vantage is not for the Crossover.

There is Waypointer and GPSbabel which are free and can be had off of the Internet.

Also the biult in Topo maps of the lower 48 USA states are only at a resolution of 90 meters.

You will get better resolution once you purchase some proper Topo maps software. Topo Canada allows me to zoom in to 50 Meters. The rockies really show up nice on the unit. I like the way that you can use Vehicle Nav to get close to the waypoint and then switch to Outdoor app to continue the journey!

I see that the documentation for VantagePoint does not include the CrossoverGPS, however, their splash screen has a picture of a Triton AND a CrossoverGPS! Go figure. I use GPSbabel to convert my WPT files to UPT files. VantagePoint installs the source code for GPSBabel so I modified it to swap the waypoint name with the waypoint description when writing the UPT file if the waypoint name begins with "GC". That way my CrossoverGPS has the cache description as the waypoint name and makes it easier to find a particular cache. I also added the terminating record to the UPT file ... "$PMGNCMD,END*3D".

As for the topo, I live in Florida so topo doesn't do much for me here.

JetSkier

Hello all, New to Forums and Need Help.

First, I have been caching for a some time and enjoy it very much. I have had three GPS and all three were Garmin. They were all handhelds and I used them both in the vehicle and in the filed for hunting, fishing and Geocaching. They were and are great at locating and placing caches.

Now, I decided I wanted a new color gps. What to buy? Well I want color, bigger screen, voice for use in the vehicle and in caching. Enter the Magellan Crossover. I read about it and drove to Cabalas Saturday to pick one up.

Very nice, stuck in on the dash and in two minutes on the parking lot it was set and guiding me back home with no effort at all. Twas about an 80 mile drive and I played games, the re-routing feature worked great ! Satalitte aos was fast and strong. Very, very happy with the in vehicle navigation.

Saturday night, I got home and upgraded software to version 2.14. No problems worked great.

Here's where I need some help. software and outdoor use.

I took it out Sunday to look for 2 caches, never found either one. The dang thing appears to react to slow to a person walking and at a 200 foot zoom in level in outdoor mode, don't seam good enogh. My other gps's will allow me to zoom down to 20 feet, easily shows your movements on the screen. I also noted it doesn't seam like it is very responsive in detecting walking movements, this could be because of the zoom level. I thought I walked way past one cache and did a 180 turn, had to walk about 12 feet before it noted the movement. I don't think at this rate it's going to help much caching.

If you can help me with the above please let me know what to do.

Second is software to download tracks and waypoints from field use to computer, and to download cache locations from the site and convert them and upload them to the GPS. The software that came with the Crossover does not make sense at all. I also tried the Mapsend Manager mentioned in the forms, but it wouldn't even see the loc file to convert it.

If you can help with the above, please let me know. I know nothing about Magellan formats so start simple and please be detailed.

Any and all help will be deeply appriciated. You may leave a message here, or e-mail me direct at:

petepope@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete,

The best way to use the CrossoverGPS for geocaching is to use the compass screen. From the map screen (after you've entered the waypoint and selected to route to it), touch the compass icon (located on the left hand side just below center). From this screen you can see which direction you need to turn and how far you are from the waypoint. Mine detects movement rather quickly in this mode.

As for which software to use ... I downloaded the free version of GPSBabel. This will let you convert you loc files to upt files (Magellan SD files (as for eXplorist) is what the label says). Then you need to copy the upt file to your SD card via a card reader. Replace the card, enter outdoor mode, options, import data, waypoints and then select the upt file. On mine, I sometimes have to take the card out and put it back in a couple of times before it finally reads the new upt file. Not sure if this is specific to my unit/SD card or if this is common.

Good Luck

JetSkier

Yes you have to use this unit in Compass mode. it will show you where the sun or moon is so you can use that as reference as well. just make sure you are looking up when you are about 30 feet up....look for landmarks...when this thing stops tracking it can be a bear....but there are many threads on this.

Jetskier - have you tried renaming the files from Detail00 to something else?

When I create a region and right click in the newly defined region box within mapsend Topo Canada Map it pops up with a name box and I just name it for the area I have defined eg Ont-S (Ontario-south) etc. The imi files then created on saving generate a file using that name. There are two files that are created. The rgn file and the imi file within the Mapsend directory. I just copy the imi file to an sd card. Having different names allows me to have multiple maps on one SD card. The rgn file allows me to create a new file but with a different s/n should I choose. DirectRoute Europe works the same way.

Does Topo 3D USA (Ver 1) not work the same way?

John

Edited by jlg234

Jetskier - have you tried renaming the files from Detail00 to something else?

When I create a region and right click in the newly defined region box within mapsend Topo Canada Map it pops up with a name box and I just name it for the area I have defined eg Ont-S (Ontario-south) etc. The imi files then created on saving generate a file using that name. There are two files that are created. The rgn file and the imi file within the Mapsend directory. I just copy the imi file to an sd card. Having different names allows me to have multiple maps on one SD card. The rgn file allows me to create a new file but with a different s/n should I choose. DirectRoute Europe works the same way.

Does Topo 3D USA (Ver 1) not work the same way?

John

John,

I only have Mapsend Topo ... the original version. I don't have Topo 3D USA. Mine does not ask for a serial number and creates img files instead of imi. That's the difference.

JetSkier

For those considering a CrossOver, I agree that for Garmin users (I own 2) it was a little tough to get used to the software of the Crossover.

The Bonus is that if you have geocaches stored in the driving addresses you have room for their code and name and in the Outdoor side, you have room for their code plus the hint... so I just load up 200 caches in my area and just have it alert me when I am close.

The downside is that Magellan customer service has told me that the unit is limited to 200 Outdoor waypoints, which I have a hard time believing since I am at probably 225-250, but I do get a address book full when I have tried to upload 100 more caches.

Anyone else know what the max geocaches are? More accurately? Any workarounds without deleting?

Kind of a joke since there is more that a million points of interest on the driving side, and Garmin's from 5 years ago have 500 waypoint limit.

My only thought on the workaround it to keep groups of waypoints in 200 on the memory SD card and then delete that group on the unit and then reload the new area from the memory SD card as needed, but not as smooth.

I would guess it handles the POI the same way that the Explorist does. Your POI file can have as many waypoints as you want, but it will only load 200, the remaining POI will show up in your list, if you look for them, they just won't show up on the screen as icons. Just purchased a cross-over today but am waiting to get back to the states next month to give it a test drive.

I would guess it handles the POI the same way that the Explorist does. Your POI file can have as many waypoints as you want, but it will only load 200, the remaining POI will show up in your list, if you look for them, they just won't show up on the screen as icons. Just purchased a cross-over today but am waiting to get back to the states next month to give it a test drive.

Is the TOPO software any good. I bought a Crossover and would like a little help how to download from Groundspeak.com and hopefully geocaching.com. I downloaded mapsend manager and now where do I go. Also how to do POIs totally lost there. If anyone can give a hand I'd sure appreciate it

Thanks Ted

G'day Eh!

I purchased the CrossOver last summer as a travel companion for my Kawasaki KLR 650 and our rides along logging roads and trails. I was a RoadMate 760 owner and was happy with that unit for car navigation so the CrossOver was a welcome transition. The other competition at the time was/is the Garmin Quest 2 and I didn't like the limited memory it has.

A year later...

Foolish me, more memory is useless when there is no data to put on it. Or at least so I thought until I read about a successful MapSend Topo Canada user story here. I have already purchased the download BC/Alberta map though :anitongue:

Car/street navigation is still good and I am happy with that which is the majority of my use, both in the car and on the bike. Ram mounts and cradles are permanent fixtures in each vehicle making for quick swaps. The standard Magellan cradle has held firm even on rough gravel and trails.

Two firmware updates later (V2.14) and Outdoor/Marine mode are more or less useless due to an annoying lockup glitch. This never happens in Vehicle mode. The symptom is that the GPS freezes location. The map does not move although your heading appears to change. If you go to the compass display, speed and bearing are updated, but the coordinates and altitude do not change. The CrossOver does eventually recover, but the time is never consistent and one could have moved 200 m or 20 km by that time. This makes the tracking feature more or less useless as suddenly you have a straight line between the lock up point and your current point. Try and trace that one back... Last note, this occurs on either the SD AB/BC topo map I have or the built in base map (which is useless in Canada).

Magellan said to "reset the unit and contact us if the issue still persists." Many resets later and the issue still persists.

I have seen a few other references to this issue here and elsewhere so I would just like to detail my experiences and see if others have the same issue. If so, have you found a fix? Street mode is fine so I am sure it is just a software issue in the connection between the actual GPS hardware and the CrossOver software.

If I cannot find a solution, I will likely move to either a Garmin 60CSx for Bike/Outdoor only use and keep the CrossOver in the car or get a Zumo and see if it will do both. That decision will be based upon final price and if I can see the 60CSx in street mode and the Zumo displaying a topo map.

Thanks for listening and keep your stick on the ice.

Tim from Calgary

Hey Tim,

I've never seen the "lockup bug" in Outdoor mode on my CrossoverGPS. I'm only in Outdoor mode for geocaching and I'm usually on the compass screen so if it's happened, I wouldn't have noticed anyway. I'll keep an eye out on mine and see if this happens on my map screen.

I agree with you on the vehicle nav mode. I'm very happy with how it operates and routes me.

I've sent several "incident" reports to Magellan about the Outdoor mode telling me I'm "Near" my destination at around 100' and then stops tracking to that waypoint. It's kind of hard to find a geocache with a 100' radius! I've been able to work around it by re-loading the goto. Magellan responds with "please call tech support". When I call tech support, they tell me to report this issue on the website!

Anyway, I'm eyeing the new Garmin Oregon. I think I'm ready to switch once they hit the market this fall!

JetSkier

This unit can handle 500 waypoints the problem is that these are shared with the Address Book - 250 entries a piece. You can have 10 Track logs at 2000 pts each and 20 trips at 50 wpts per trip.

You can place your cache enties as Enhanced POI's on the Vehicle Nav - that way as you are driving around and have your kit with you - with the Cache POI's active they will call out when one comes within range.

Have you guys noticed that you can transfer Address book enties to Waypoints and visa versa.

It's all starting to come together - I discovered that the unit uses wgs84 and that North is True North not magnetic. ( compared the reading with my Garmin set to magnetic one moment then True North the Next. True North matched.

Ever since I have done the Reset to first use and let my unit develop it's Sat Almanac I have not experienced any low memory problems while navigating in Veh Nav.

With the advent of Mapsend Lite V2 I can upload my routes, logs and waypoints to whatever map I have on the screen. You can also use it to create Routes and waypoints to place on your SD card for importing into the unit.

John

Edited by Ezeechair

Tim sent you an email but just in case here is a copy

Tim are you still having problems with the unit locking up. If so try a "Reset to first use" via the hidden menu. This does not get rid of firmware updates. It does do a clear memory so be sure to do a Backup on both sides Veh and Outdoor.

If your unit is a 2200T-NA upgraded to a crossover you will have to re-enter your code on first access to the Outdoor app.

Now - after the reset - respond to the questions such as Date and time etc. Then let the unit sit in a secure area with clear access to the sky and let it build it's Satelite Almanac.

My trouble was caused by me starting to play with the unit before giving it enough time to initalize.

John

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice and help. Unfortunately everything I have tried failed to cure my problem with the CrossOver. It appears I have an oddly defective unit or something. I am inclined to believe it is a software issue as everything works fine in Auto mode. I have tried the simple reset, the reset to first use, and even re-loading the v2.14 firmware, it still fails to work right.

Unfortunately it is over a year since I purchased it and I am out of warranty. I'll try calling Magellan and see if there is anything they will do, but I doubt it and I don't think it will be worth trying to repair it. At this point I will give up on the dual purpose nature of the CrossOver, leave it in the vehicle, and get a Garmin 60CSx. The Colorado and Oregon are attractive options, but I got burnt with the brand new cutting edge CrossOver already so I will stick to the tried, tested, and true 60CSx.

The other attractive capability of Garmin devices is the third party software and map selection. That is practically non-existent for Magellan.

Tim

Downfall: GPSBabel creates a UPT file with the GC number as the name and the Description as the description. The unit only lists waypoints by their name.

Workaround: Manually load the UPT file and swap the two fields. You have to add the ending line of “$PMGNCMD,END*3D” anyways otherwise the UPT file won’t load.

How do you swap the two fields?

Edited by M&Ma

It's just weird to come across old posts like this that violate the worst way to get help guideline, but...

GPSBabel has put the "PMNCMD,END" line at the end of a maggeo file since May of '05, a year and half before the OP here was posted and now > 3 years ago.

gpsbabel -s -i gpx -f reference/gc/GC7FA4.gpx -o maggeo -F  - 
$PMGNGEO,4608.000,N,7300.000,W,0000,F,GC7FA4,Points geodesiques d,Sverdrup2,,Locationless (Reverse) Cache,1508102,1207105,1.0,1.0*3E
$PMGNCMD,END*3D

GPSBabel has no formal option to swap the cache name and description because they're documented as cache name and description and not description and cache name. If you want to swap them yourself, it's a trivial edit in the source to the program (that's the point of open source software....) or to swap them after tge face in your favorite text editor.

Edited by robertlipe

It's just weird to come across old posts like this that violate the worst way to get help guideline, but...

GPSBabel has put the "PMNCMD,END" line at the end of a maggeo file since May of '05, a year and half before the OP here was posted and now > 3 years ago.

gpsbabel -s -i gpx -f reference/gc/GC7FA4.gpx -o maggeo -F  - 
$PMGNGEO,4608.000,N,7300.000,W,0000,F,GC7FA4,Points geodesiques d,Sverdrup2,,Locationless (Reverse) Cache,1508102,1207105,1.0,1.0*3E
$PMGNCMD,END*3D

GPSBabel has no formal option to swap the cache name and description because they're documented as cache name and description and not description and cache name. If you want to swap them yourself, it's a trivial edit in the source to the program (that's the point of open source software....) or to swap them after tge face in your favorite text editor.

I have a GPSBabel.exe dated 2/25/07 from a zip file called gpsbabel-1.3.3. I use the GUI option and select SD card as for eXplorist. It does NOT put the $PMGNCMD,END*3D at the end of the file. If there is another option in the GUI that would do this, I would like to know what it is. It looks like what you have Chastized me for is only fixed for creating .gs files. I'm using .upt files. If any of my info here is incorrect, please correct me.

Thank you.

My question is how do you convert the .mgln file to .wpt or .upt?

I don't know of any way to do this. How did you create your .mgln file? Using the POI editor or converted it from something else? If you converted from something else, like GPX, you can convert the GPX to either .wpt or .upt since the POI editor can't export to the same formats it can import from!

JetSkier

Real newb here! On the crossover vehicle mode ... How can I set the address to a Long/Lat value as listed on the caching sheets to get me close to the cache by driving turn by turn? I can use Long/Lat in outdoor mode but it doesn't take me on the streets... only as the crow flys. I thought it would be real easy to set my points of interest as the geocaches and then route to them with the intention of using my explorist 500 to take me on foot the final way but I can't figure out how to enter coordinates in the vehicle mode

Real newb here! On the crossover vehicle mode ... How can I set the address to a Long/Lat value as listed on the caching sheets to get me close to the cache by driving turn by turn? I can use Long/Lat in outdoor mode but it doesn't take me on the streets... only as the crow flys. I thought it would be real easy to set my points of interest as the geocaches and then route to them with the intention of using my explorist 500 to take me on foot the final way but I can't figure out how to enter coordinates in the vehicle mode

The only way to do that (without using the POI editor and uploading a .mgln file) is to add the waypoints in outdoor mode then go to Vehicle nav move and do the following:

1) Select "Enter Address"

2) Select "My Addresses"

3) Select "Address Book"

4) Select "List Waypoints"

5) Select the waypoint that you want to route to

6) Select "Save"

Now that waypoint will exist in your address book. Go back to your Address Book and select "List All". That waypoint is now in that list and selectable for routing.

I know it's not easy, but it's the only "workaround" I can think of.

JetSkier

That works great Thanks...

I was playing around with the POI editor and I can't understand the format required to enter the positions ...

How do you get the editor to accept N 43' 18.138 W 080' 21.175 It keeps telling me "incorrect number".

Thanks for putting up with my newbyness! ;) Graham

The only way to do that (without using the POI editor and uploading a .mgln file) is to add the waypoints in outdoor mode then go to Vehicle nav move and do the following:

1) Select "Enter Address"

2) Select "My Addresses"

3) Select "Address Book"

4) Select "List Waypoints"

5) Select the waypoint that you want to route to

6) Select "Save"

Now that waypoint will exist in your address book. Go back to your Address Book and select "List All". That waypoint is now in that list and selectable for routing.

I know it's not easy, but it's the only "workaround" I can think of.

JetSkier

The POI editor only knows decimal degrees. So to put N 43' 18.138 W 080' 21.175 into the editor, you need to convert it to decimal degrees by dividing the minutes by 60 (18.138 / 60 = 0.3023 and 21.175 / 60 = 0.3529). The above coordinates would go in as 43.3023 N and 80.3529 W.

If you have any of the Mapsend products, you can enter your waypoints in there (using the Geocaching format) and then load the .wpt file into the POI editor. GPX files will also load.

JetSkier

Edited by JetSkier

Once again, a million thanks

Graham

The POI editor only knows decimal degrees. So to put N 43' 18.138 W 080' 21.175 into the editor, you need to convert it to decimal degrees by dividing the minutes by 60 (18.138 / 60 = 0.3023 and 21.175 / 60 = 0.3529). The above coordinates would go in as 43.3023 N and 80.3529 W.

If you have any of the Mapsend products, you can enter your waypoints in there (using the Geocaching format) and then load the .wpt file into the POI editor. GPX files will also load.

JetSkier