Little Quest RELEASED

PopUpPirate

As per the previous thread, the entire Little Quest is now LIVE!

To complete the quest, you need to find the LQ cache for each and every county in mainland England. That's 47 counties + 1 final, which is a micro, hence "Little" Quest.

I've started a new thread because the focus has shifted from hiding the caches to finding them now. There's a Bookmark List and a home page, plus Jaz666's List and here's a quick link to each and every cache :grin:

LQ:BEDFORDSHIRE - The Monmouth Way by Pharisee

LQ:BERKSHIRE - Waltham St. Lawrence by Mr. Dewdrop

LQ:BRISTOL - Surprise IKB Views by Captain Gore-Tex

LQ:BUCKS - The Nether Side by Alibags

LQ:CAMBS - The Green Man by The Klever Boys

LQ:CHESHIRE - The Thelwall Eye by Foinavon

LQ:CITY - St. Botolphs by Master Mariner

LQ:CORNWALL - A Drink For Granny? by Acidboy

LQ:CUMBRIA - Old Man's Bell by Martlakes and Freya

LQ:DERBYSHIRE - Riber View by RealmOfChaos and Frant1c

LQ:DEVON - Axe Valley View by Stuey

LQ:DORSET - Chesil View by Weary Banker & Bookworm

LQ:DURHAM - Linger Along The Lines by Us4AndJess

LQ:EAST SUSSEX - Chaily Common by Tootsie's Trackers

LQ:EAST YORKSHIRE - Sledmere by Ron9516

LQ:ESSEX - West Wood Ho! by The Lavender Hill Mob

LQ:GLOUCESTERSHIRE - The Battle Of Tewkesbury by Midnight Ramblers

LQ:GTR LONDON - Wandsworth Park by Cryptik Souls Crew

LQ:GTR MANCHESTER - King of Swing by Muttoneer

LQ:HANTS - Crossed Wires by The Cache Hoppers

LQ:HEREFORDSHIRE - Apples and Pears by the T-girls

LQ:HERTFORDSHIRE - Lilly Who? by Black Aliss

LQ:KENT - Ganny's Island by Lexski

LQ:LANCS - Hunter's View by Gingerbreadmen

LQ:LINCS - The Witham by Beds Clangers

LQ:LEICESTERSHIRE - Ratae Corieltavorvm by Alice Band

LQ:MERSEYSIDE - Birkenhead Priory by HazelS

LQ:NORFOLK - Escape From The City by Galaxy Travellers

LQ:NORTHAMPTONSHIRE - Jacks Ford by Silver-Fox

LQ:NORTHUMBERLAND - Barrasford Park by G Force

LQ:NORTH YORKSHIRE - How Now Birk Brow by Pengy&Tigger

LQ:NOTTINGHAMSHIRE by Angellica

LQ:OXON - Garsington St. Mary by The Phillimore Clan

LQ:RUTLAND - Luffa's Ham by Dakar4x4

LQ:SHROPSHIRE - Lightspout Waterfall by Markandlynn

LQ:SOMERSET - Hyden Wood by The Morgan Mob

LQ:SOUTH YORKSHIRE - Cusworth Hall by Steviep

LQ:STAFFORDSHIRE - Ancient Oasis by Dibbler + Dulin

LQ:SUFFOLK - Stowed Away by Weston Wanderer

LQ:SURREY - Hascombe Hill Fort by Mr.Dewdrop

LQ:TYNE AND WEAR by Alastiar_uk

LQ:WARWICKSHIRE - Percy's Bored by KandG

LQ:WEST MIDLANDS - The Road To Nowhere by OldNickCov

LQ:WEST SUSSEX - Up Walderton Down by MartyBarfast

LQ:WILTSHIRE - Science Museum Wroughton by The Wombles

LQ:WORCESTERSHIRE - Dunstall Castle by L8HNB

LQ:W YORKS - Wilmer Green by Stonefielders

which will lead you to...

LQ:FINAL - Little Quest

Who will be FTF?

Who will the first five finders be?

Who will set the fastest record from first to last found?

Thanks Team Sieni - it's down to 45+ others ;) It's not for definite that PKLong will be FTF - hot on his tails are Rastan, Livvyp and Johnny English!

It'd be nice to think that if people are driving through a county, they stop to look where the LQ cache is and try and grab it whilst they are there, and do the series over time, wouldn't it :blink:

Edited by PopUpPirate

Is there anyway of seeing at a glance the size of the caches? the bookmark lists just give me the distances and i've tried to do a seach on LQ but it found 0? as i will be unlikely to be able to do many i would like to release a tb or coin with a mission of visiting the LQ series but if a high propotion of them are micros this won't be possible.

meanwhile i go and find out the cost of micro coins :anicute:

Hmm

Maybe

I'm currently working on a stats app, so perfectly feasable.

The only limitation I have is some of the stats are incomplete at the moment. I'll get all the data in over the weekend and hack together a data API that can integrate with the greasemonkey scripts that already exist.

As a quick demo of what I'm already achieving with the incomplete data:

ACBF60.png

Edited by Edgemaster

Mongers, any chance of LQ records on the, erm, records page? ;)

Oooh, why's that man poking a pointy stick into the angry bear's den?... /me hides!!!

:huh:;):huh:

Can we have a record for doing The Alchemy Series or 'Your Mission...' in the quickest time as well please? And... well, I am sure there are other cache series that are subject to competative endeavour. page two of the records site please , Mongers!!!

I think Jaz666 is doing something like that.

Records for individual series to me do not seem in keeping with the other records listed.

However, although there is a record for the most caches found in different counties in 24 hours. No one has claimed the fastest completion of all 47 English counties. They would not have to be LQ caches though.

I asked the owners of http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/ if they could track progress on the LQ earlier this year. Monday they asked to borrow My Finds PQ to test it. And this morning they have only gone and added it.

Its our goal for the next year to actually complete this.

And yes Cheshire is our favourite so far (excluding our own)

Slight issue with the fact we own one of them so its 7 "found"

markandlynn.LQ.jpg

Hi, just checking in on this thread as the LQ:FINAL owner ;) I'll have a nosey at the Bristol LQ and there's also some hassle with a couple in the NE or so I believe. I don't frequent these forums too much so please contact me via my profile if you have any LQ concerns - thanks ;)

The Bristol cache appears to be archived so what happens with this?

I believe there was siome work in the area as it was unsafe in the cliffs below.

Mark

I believe the cache was clear of the works around Bridge Valley Road, so not sure why the Capt archived it...

The three replacement caches are all fully operational now:

LQ: TYNE&WEAR - ROCK AROUND THE CLOCKBURN

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC5FFA

LQ:BRISTOL - CLIFTON DOWN

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2AE6W

LQ:DURHAM - BARNARD CASTLE

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC24GTZ

Therefore... it's BACK ON!! :blink:

Good to see it is all back up and running, I am a little suprised that no one has found the final since we visited in September last year.

Seems to have been a while since anyone posted in this forum. Have people lost interest in the Little Quest since so many have completed it? Anyway, the reason I am posting is because I have just started Geocaching, and thought this series is a great idea. We have friends in Leicestershire, so the cache there is amongst the first that we hope to do. Unfortunately I see that the cache there is disabled, and has been since April of last year.

I don't want to hassle the CO as I see that she has had a rough time over the last year, but if it doesn't get replaced, does that mean the end of the LQ?

Seems to have been a while since anyone posted in this forum. Have people lost interest in the Little Quest since so many have completed it? Anyway, the reason I am posting is because I have just started Geocaching, and thought this series is a great idea. We have friends in Leicestershire, so the cache there is amongst the first that we hope to do. Unfortunately I see that the cache there is disabled, and has been since April of last year.

I don't want to hassle the CO as I see that she has had a rough time over the last year, but if it doesn't get replaced, does that mean the end of the LQ?

I doubt it... at least, I hope not.

The Little Quest project was set up by PopUpPirate who co-ordinated geocachers from all the counties who volunteered to place the caches and maintain them. It involved a lot of work and organisation at that time. As far as I know it's still an on-going project so if you have specific concerns about certain caches then I suggest you contact PopUpPirate for advice - he's still a very active geocacher and, with others, runs the NWCaching forum.

MrsB :)

Have people lost interest in the Little Quest since so many have completed it?

Taking a look at the final it has only had 13 finders,:o according to cacherstats.com there are 5,462 UK based cachers with over 200 finds, :o who knows how many more are out there and have a lower number of finds, plus all those cachers in the rest of the world who are welcome to come and find it. That equals 0.002% of the UK cachers who have found the final so I think there are a few more possible finders of it out there.:ph34r::lol: I think this series will live on for some time to come, odd caches will disappear and has happened in the past new county LQ's will replace them.

Have people lost interest in the Little Quest since so many have completed it?

Not at all, just have to work out how to visit the caches far from home without upsetting the rest of the family. I have a cunning plan and hope to get nearer the final number this year........ As an example I have considered going to Norfolk on an evening day return from London which is just about possible!

>snipped< ...

We have friends in Leicestershire, so the cache there is amongst the first that we hope to do.

LQ Warwickshire is only 45 minutes* away from Leicestershire... ;)

It's a nice cache, and now has a few others around it -if you want numbers for the day!

*M1/M69 junction takes me under 45 minutes, without exceeding the speed limit.

Choose M69/A46 route, or take the pretty route along the Fosse Way.

(Fosse Way also has a few caches along the route! Chippy in Brinklow is recommended. :D

Brinklow has a couple of caches in/around the village. )

Obviously, if you decide to cache along the way, and have fish n chips, it will take you longer. :laughing: