Separate Forums for each brand

Walt Jabsco

I think a nice feature would be to also have separate GPS support forums for each brand, like:

Groundspeak Forums>GPS Related Topics>GPS Units and Software>Magellan

Groundspeak Forums>GPS Related Topics>GPS Units and Software>Garmin

etc..

That way it would be quicker and easier to find brand specific answers and threads. And as an added benefit, maybe, just maybe, be able to keep a topic on subject without the cross brand bashing that supporters of a certain brand feel obligated to do in each and every thread.

Edited by Walt Jabsco

I think a nice feature would be to also have separate GPS support forums for each brand, like:

Groundspeak Forums>GPS Related Topics>GPS Units and Software>Magellan

Groundspeak Forums>GPS Related Topics>GPS Units and Software>Garmin

etc..

That way it would be quicker and easier to find brand specific answers and threads. And as an added benefit, maybe, just maybe, be able to keep a topic on subject without the cross brand bashing that supporters of a certain brand feel obligated to do in each and every thread.

A support forum for the Magellan folks and a rave forum for the Garmin users?

Already exist, but not on forums.Groundspeak.com.

Check out yahoo user groups. Particularily magellan_meridian.

There used to be a good Garmin one also but since these forums are maintained by amateurs I guess that guy just plain couldn't handle all the Garmin issues anymore, LOL.

Already exist, but not on forums.Groundspeak.com.

Check out yahoo user groups. Particularily magellan_meridian.

There used to be a good Garmin one also but since these forums are maintained by amateurs I guess that guy just plain couldn't handle all the Garmin issues anymore, LOL.

It probably got really lonely in there.

*sigh*

So much for the concept of keeping a thread on topic and limiting cross brand bashing. Never mind.

It would have been nice, but perhaps a brand owner dedicated forum is too lofty a goal to hope to achieve.

Lighten up. We're only teasing you.

Edited by sbell111