The Ultimate Trade Item - Wife Swap

Bryan

Groundspeak received the following email. With their permission, here is the re-post. If you are interested, please contact Julia using the info below.

Greetings ~

My name is Julia Jenkins and I am a casting producer for ABC families hit

reality show 'Wife Swap.' We are currently casting for our fourth season and

we are looking for FAMILIES THAT HAVE A PASSION FOR GEOCACHING/TREASURE

HUNTING. We want to feature a family that lives and breathes adventure.

Families that appear on the show receive $20,000 as a thank you. And if you

refer a family that appears on the show you would receive $1000.

The premise of Wife Swap is simple: for seven days, two wives from two

different families with very different values exchange husbands, children

and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to live a different

family's life. It's a fun social experiment and a great way to see your

family in a whole new light.

Here at 'Wife Swap' we look for a two-parent home with at least one child

between the ages of 6 and 17 living at home full time.

If you are interested, please email me and tell me a little about your

family and then I will be in touch. Or if you would like to refer a family,

please email me their contact information and I will be in touch.

Thanks!

--

Julia Jenkins

Associate Casting Producer

RDF Media USA

1790 Broadway 11th Floor,

NY, NY 10019

P: 646.747.7941

E: wifeswap.julia@gmail.com

Personally, I will be looking forward to the episode. :laughing:

They want a GeoCaching family so the swapped wife can take it away from them. lol I've see their tactics...

I know an entire family of avid cachers and I've posted a poll on our local forum to smoke'em out. :(

Muddy Buddies were the FIRST couple to pop up in my mind. They are BOTH avid cachers so the other couple in the swap would be blessed with/doomed to cachin' exposure on both ends of the swap. :)

Edited by Snoogans

:( She actually emailed me through my site this morning, before this was posted. I called my wife (who's a big fan) and said, "You sitting down?" She said, "Go for it!" but I have a feeling we'd be one of the more boring families to watch.

I'm curious if anyone else got the email too. Anyone?

Please???

Several thoughts popped into my mind as I read the OP.

1. I've met his wife. Must_resist_posting_what I really think or I'll be banninated for life from the website. :)

2. I love my wife and wouldn't trade her in for anyone else. wub: She even lets me invite 2000 cachers to town on our anniversary. Hey, at least I was in town this year. :(

3. This is one of the stupidest shows on TV, and that is a tough category to win. I'm sure they alway pick opposites to create conflict, which they feel makes for better TV. BLECH IMO.

4. "Just where do you and those brats think you are going on a beautiful Saturday morning mister" the swap shrills. "No playing in the woods for you; we've got chores to do" is exactly how this episode will play out.

5. $20,000 for two weeks you say? Hmmmm, maybe I can borrow my nephew for two weeks. He could pass for my son. :)

I have a son the right age, however my husband isn't a cacher so we wouldn't really qualify anyway. He tried it once, got shin splints and poo-poo'ed geocaching altogether. He, however, does do the local triathalon... the INDOOR triathalon. : ( So we don't even qualify as doing things together OUTSIDE. Ah well. I can't imagine my boss would let me take two weeks off of work anyway! ; )

I'm sure they alway pick opposites to create conflict, which they feel makes for better TV. BLECH IMO.

Yeah, they would probably have a evangelical good-good square move in with me. Me coming home from dart league at 1AM, half-pissed would make for some, ummmm... interesting TV.... :(

Edited by geowizerd

I wouldn't recommend anyone get involved with this. Chances are the wife you'll get in the swap is probably very girly and never spends anytime outdoors and the show is going to try to make Geocachers look like a bunch of geeks, in the bad sense of the word. Throw in some selective editing and it won't be pretty.

If your still not sure watch the show and then ask yourself how you would be portrayed after the finishing editing everything down to an hour.

Just showed this to Mrs. Team Cotati and we both think that this would be great fun. And besides having someone pay us $20,000 to essentially go on vacation sounds pretty sweet. Email on the way.

We wouldn't have done this unless we understood that it is a GAME and everone knows that it is a GAME and that the outcome is totally irrelevant to those who are as secure in their relationship as we are and who enjoy such interesting and fun experiences.

I'll be sure and let you know if we make the big time. :anibad::anibad::(

Got some shocking news fer yas too. You know those old James Bond movies? You know, the ones with Sean Connery. Yeah, THOSE James Bond movies. When the wind blew that parachute over them? They didn't really have sexial intercourse under there. They were on a movie set, you know with directors, other actors , gaffers, grips, extras.......whole lots of people standing around. It was a MOVIE, you know, not that far removed from a TV Show, like Sex in the City where people has sexial relations in store windows and in the tomato patch in the backyard.

Mrs. Team Cotati and I have promised each other that when this GAME Show is over that we will return home and throw one heckofa block party.

If we are chosen of course. :):(:)

Edited by Team Cotati

Isn't this the show that doesn't allow you to spend the money on your OWN family? If I remember right, the wife that comes to your home gets to decide where your families $20K goes. That alone is reason enough for me not to do it...cuz I KNOW she won't let us spend it on new GPSrs and a stock pile of batteries!

must....not....post....initial....thoughts

You have to take yours back at the end of the two weeks, SQ. Sorry. :)

Ya know...I think we BOTH know a couple that'd be PERFECT for this! Dontcha think TTUMS would be a HOOT on TV? :(

Heh, my first thought was them also. I think they'd be a riot. But they don't have kids, so I say we offer up Team Misguided.

I'm just wondering.

What type of dysfunctional family they would swap a good natured, intelligent, mentally stable geocaching wife into?

I haven't a clue. I can only guess they are looking for some sort of "butch" outdoorsy type who forces the family to tag along on grueling hikes. The other family will be ruled by either a strong male figure who likes the finer things in life and doesn't so much as have a house plant.

I'm just wondering why they are focusing on geocaching. Some of the pair-ups I've seen are the rabid animal lover vs the hunter, bodybuilder/fitness freak vs the power eater, and the queen who values her dog over the husband vs the 50's-style wife who dotes on her family. Every show has at least one wife who is either a source or an enabler of a bad trait in the family dynamic.

My question is whether this show is focusing on geocaching as a source of that bad trait. If it isn't and the "good wife" (which is rare from my viewings) is the geocacher, then what are they expected to "fix."

Yes, TV is all make believe. Producers are looking for conflict and are very good at finding it. If they can't find it then they manufacture it where none existed to begin with. The players have no control over how they are presented. None.

Hopefully they will show geocaching in a positive light and not put a trowel in anyones' hands like they did on L&O:CI. Otherwise, have fun.

What type of dysfunctional family they would swap a good natured, intelligent, mentally stable geocaching wife into?

My question is whether this show is focusing on geocaching as a source of that bad trait. If it isn't and the "good wife" (which is rare from my viewings) is the geocacher, then what are they expected to "fix."

I'm guessing they want to find a family from a swanky city whose maid cleans the house (so the wife can't muss her newly-done fingernails digging in a stump to find a cache). I'm sure they want her to see a bug so they can watch her run in the other direction screaming all the way!

On the other hand, if the geocaching wife goes to Beverly Hills to assume their life, she may decide that she doesn't want to muss her newly-done nails and decide that geocaching isn't for her after all. It's too bad she has to live THEIR life for the first week. :(

Boy ... could you imagine the mix of a hard-core geocacher in need of a cache fix with a family that never gets out of the house?

--------

Groundspeak received the following email. With their permission, here is the re-post. If you are interested, please contact Julia using the info below.

Greetings ~

My name is Julia Jenkins and I am a casting producer for ABC families hit

reality show 'Wife Swap.' We are currently casting for our fourth season and

we are looking for FAMILIES THAT HAVE A PASSION FOR GEOCACHING/TREASURE

HUNTING. We want to feature a family that lives and breathes adventure.

Families that appear on the show receive $20,000 as a thank you. And if you

refer a family that appears on the show you would receive $1000.

The premise of Wife Swap is simple: for seven days, two wives from two

different families with very different values exchange husbands, children

and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to live a different

family's life. It's a fun social experiment and a great way to see your

family in a whole new light.

Here at 'Wife Swap' we look for a two-parent home with at least one child

between the ages of 6 and 17 living at home full time.

If you are interested, please email me and tell me a little about your

family and then I will be in touch. Or if you would like to refer a family,

please email me their contact information and I will be in touch.

Thanks!

--

Julia Jenkins

Associate Casting Producer

RDF Media USA

1790 Broadway 11th Floor,

NY, NY 10019

P: 646.747.7941

E: wifeswap.julia@gmail.com

Personally, I will be looking forward to the episode. :D

Edited by Lasagna

You have to take yours back at the end of the two weeks, SQ. Sorry. :huh:

Ya know...I think we BOTH know a couple that'd be PERFECT for this! Dontcha think TTUMS would be a HOOT on TV? ;)

I'd even loan them the required brats darling offspring.

Well, thanks for the thought.... I think...

Other than the not having kids.... it is Mr. Shop99er who is the rabid cacher. Not I. I am the party planner. I just take the Mr. to the edge of the woods and let him get after it. And anyway, we'd make bad TV. Mr. Shop99er isn't the chatty type, as some of you know, and I swear like a one eyed carpenter.

You have to take yours back at the end of the two weeks, SQ. Sorry. ;)

Ya know...I think we BOTH know a couple that'd be PERFECT for this! Dontcha think TTUMS would be a HOOT on TV? :D

I'd even loan them the required brats darling offspring.

Well, thanks for the thought.... I think...

Other than the not having kids.... it is Mr. Shop99er who is the rabid cacher. Not I. I am the party planner. I just take the Mr. to the edge of the woods and let him get after it. And anyway, we'd make bad TV. Mr. Shop99er isn't the chatty type, as some of you know, and I swear like a one eyed carpenter.

OH! But there are many other aspects that would make for VERY intresting TV! OF course, it would probably have to be on cable. Maybe even pay-per-view! :huh::huh:;)