Blue frownies

anakerose

Where do you want to see these Frownies?

My guess is that the OP would like to see them on the pages that show a list of caches (the result of a search -- like "all nearby caches", caches hidden of found by another user, PQ previews, etc.) You see a green checkmark next to the ones you have found, and a red arrow next to the ones you own, but no kind of indicator next to the ones you have logged a DNF on.

My guess is that OP wants to see them on the Geocaching.com Google maps. Cache that you have found show on the maps as yellow smilies, so it might make sense to see blue frownies on caches you have DNF'd and not yet found.

I personally think that the Google map already is trying to fit more information on the map than is needed to plan for a geocache outing. This may be one reason some people have trouble with the map. If you want a map to show what you have found or DNFd, I would prefer some third party site that allows you to upload a GPX file. Using that site or perhaps the existing capability in GSAK or GPX Spinner, you could customize all you want. Keep the Geocaching.com maps simple (or even simpler).

Not sure what the OP meant, but I wouldn't mind seeing them when I look at a users profile and cache finds.

Before you ask, mostly curiosity. Somtimes in the forums, a user will ask a question regarding a DNF they had but often do not list it. If you could see the DNF's in the profile, it could be narrowed down.

Like I said, no reason for us beyond simple curiosity.

When you search using the map. You get smileys on the ones you completed and stars on the ones you own. On the map it would visually tell you "I tried that one and didn't find it".

I think that would be very helpful! Doesn't seem like it should be too tough to implement something like that...

I personally think that the Google map already is trying to fit more information on the map than is needed to plan for a geocache outing. This may be one reason some people have trouble with the map. If you want a map to show what you have found or DNFd, I would prefer some third party site that allows you to upload a GPX file. Using that site or perhaps the existing capability in GSAK or GPX Spinner, you could customize all you want. Keep the Geocaching.com maps simple (or even simpler).

I agree, keep Geocaching.com maps simple and let third parties do your customization.