Trackable desires

trainlove

Since it seems that there actually are now wishlists of features that all us geocachers want, here is my 0.02 cents.

It's been mentioned before, by me and perhaps by others, but I think it would be great to have 2 links on a persons Trackable tab of their Profile similar to the 2 links on their Geocaches tab.

The 2 links that exist are:

List of Geocaches found (All Cache Finds)

List of items owned (All Cache Hides)

The 2 links that would be nice are:

List of Trackables Moved/Discovered (All Items Logged)

List of Trackables Owned (All Items Owned)

I.E. It would be great to see, at a glance, all the owned coins of someone like Phild31 who has 350 coins, mostly 1's of a kind, instead of having to click some 350 individual link icons.

But in addition to this, I think it would be great, if one presses that all encompasing link or an individual coin icon, to have a checkmark next to any trackable you have handled; retrieved, placed, grabbed or discovered, but perhaps 'write note' also has to be included but since that does not happen much for coins/bugs and you don't need the coin tracking number to do that perhaps it should not be included. This is simiilar to the checkmark and shading that shows up for caches that someone else has done that you also have done in a profile or caches you have done on a search page.

Is there a way to get this post to show up both in the Web forums and the coin forums? It relates to both.

The perfect use for this very feature came up today. I had heard about a particular bug or coin that holds clues for a puzxzle cache. I do not know the name, exactly, but know the owner (I think).

The problem is that it is not one of her 50 bugs, she also owns about 100 coins of about 50 varieties, but it's going to be a really long day for me to click each and every one of them until one's name looks familiar.

No, I do not know the name of the puzzle cache or the owner of that cache, yes that would instantly point me in the right direction.

edited out a stupid typo.

Edited by trainlove

I would like a way to have our coins be activated and easily accessed (electronically) without having to create a "coin vault" (unpublished bogus cache to drop them in). Often I mean to drop a TB or coin I picked up into a cache, and find that I accidentally dropped one of my own. It would be nice to have an electronic "holding tank" for the coins built right into the system where you could electronically store your own items that you have activated but not released.