Those handy grabber squeezy forcep thingies...

tabulator32

In addition to CITO while caching, I walk my collies around the neighborhood almost every day and I started carrying a canvas bag and a stick with a threaded screw to pick up trash. I would get anything from bottles and cans to candy wrappers and straw wrappers and occasional pizza boxes and fan belts and windshield wipers.

After a couple weeks of THAT, I found one of those three-foot-long grabber thingies with the squeeze handle and the little pincher thingy at the end. It has made all the difference in the world and I can nab things and toss them in the bag without breaking stride which elates the dogs to no end since they like to keep moving.

I discovered it at a local drug store. It was a little more expensive than a regular one but it is made of aircraft aluminum. It has special grabbers which are nimble enough to pick up a coin laying on the ground and still strong enough to stop a crazy neighborhood cat (don't ask me how I know this) from hissing and clawing at my precious little collies.

Anyway, for any of you who are SERIOUS CITO cachers, I would strongly recommend getting one of those brabby claw thingies you can find at Walmart or the local drug store. (The elderly and those who are "vertically-challenged" use them frequently.)

I love mine.

Merry Christmas to all!

Mine is not as fancy as these pictured above as I got it from a DOT-sponsored, local neighborhood clean-up. (They encouraged as to take one home so we could use it at other times. I didn't steal it.) :lol:

But it does work beautifully, even for teeny things like cigarette butts. This one also happens to be magnetic at the end.

I posted this a couple of years ago, but since you asked :huh:

I made my own sticker picker upper handy doo dad for a CITO event once.

I bought a dowel, I cut the head off a nail, hammered it into the end, add some tape and an end cap on the handle end for gripping, and voila! A sticker picker upper for cheap.

4e208e1c-ea70-4307-80b3-91dd2f648570.jpg

d6f8f1ff-3630-4cca-81aa-d86ef352c83f.jpg

303e4d5e-bcfc-49bc-9366-622ed9e1efa0.jpg

f1f88451-ae39-485a-b76c-c03e42cf7be6.jpg

I made one for Ttepee too. :lol:

3b307732-4332-4cab-a029-1c106c1337a3.jpg

I posted this a couple of years ago, but since you asked :)

I made my own sticker picker upper handy doo dad for a CITO event once.

I bought a dowel, I cut the head off a nail, hammered it into the end, add some tape and an end cap on the handle end for gripping, and voila! A sticker picker upper for cheap.

That is basically what I did at first...a stick with a nail in it.

After trying five or six times to stab a plastic bottle or trying to pick up a wet napkin with a nail (or any number of other examples) I just wanted to let everyone know that upgrading was definitely worth it.