Etrex H for £49.99 at Field and Trek

w d c

Hi Ness,

I think I would go for the Etrex H and also get the serial cable offered in the sale too. If you really get into cache hunting you will find it invaluable later when downloading lots of caches to do.

aj

I recently bought an Etrex H from Amazon for 69 quid, and I tried it out today, worked great even in a heavily wooded area I got a good signal, in fact it got me to within 1m of the cache which meant I finally found it.

Before I got the Etrex H the nearest I could get was 9m using a HTC TyTn II which has a built in GPSr, it just couldn't get a decent lock in heavily wooded areas, it was fine when the sky was clear of trees, etc.

I have now orderd a serial cable from field and trek as theirs are half the normal price, shame I didn't get my Etrex H from them as I could have saved a bit of money, oh well....

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Martin

But if £15 is the price for the cable, then that's the price. You will have already saved money on the unit (49.99). Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Buy. Buy. Buy. Buy. Buy. Find. Find. Find. Find. Find. Whoohoo. Whoohoo. Whoohoo. Whoohoo. TFTC. TFTC. TFTC. TFTC. :o

I wonder if Scott is a bit excited about caching.....

/me runs off to find the nurse