New SubForum Suggestion

Mopar

How about adding a kayaking/canoeing subforum under "Geocaching Adventures" like the fairly recent "Hiking and Backpacking" subforum addition?

Like backpacking or ham radio, paddlesports seem a good "fit" with geocaching. Like backpacking and ham radio, many cachers integrate paddlesports into their caching activities, and is a popular topic of discussion in the forums. A quick search on the word "kayak" turns up close to 500 threads. Same with the word "canoe". To give that some perspective, the phrase "ammo can" comes up in less then 600 threads, and the word "satellite" gets around 750 mentions.

Like backpacking and ham radio, there is an abundance of specialized gear involved, the discussion of which is somewhat off-topic in other forums.

Like backpacking and ham radio, many caches by design require the use of a canoe/kayak/raft. As a matter of fact, I suspect there are many more paddlesport caches then there are backpacking or ham radio required caches.

How about it?

How about adding a kayaking/canoeing subforum under "Geocaching Adventures" like the fairly recent "Hiking and Backpacking" subforum addition?

Like backpacking or ham radio, paddlesports seem a good "fit" with geocaching. Like backpacking and ham radio, many cachers integrate paddlesports into their caching activities, and is a popular topic of discussion in the forums. A quick search on the word "kayak" turns up close to 500 threads. Same with the word "canoe". To give that some perspective, the phrase "ammo can" comes up in less then 600 threads, and the word "satellite" gets around 750 mentions.

Like backpacking and ham radio, there is an abundance of specialized gear involved, the discussion of which is somewhat off-topic in other forums.

Like backpacking and ham radio, many caches by design require the use of a canoe/kayak/raft. As a matter of fact, I suspect there are many more paddlesport caches then there are backpacking or ham radio required caches.

How about it?

Sounds like a great idea to me

Max