How to install CacheMate on a Blackjack II?

Ed & Julie

I have used Cachemate for years on my Palm, but I have just bought a new phone (Samsung Blackjack II), and am trying to install ther WM6 version of Cachemate on it to use for paperless caching instead.

The Cachemate site says to download the .cab file (Wimdows Media version), and install via ActiveSync.

I downloaded the .cab file, but cannot figure out where to drag and drop the file to sync to the phone. There are several directories I can put the .cab file, but I cannot initiate a download on the phone.

Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions? The broad and vague "install using ActiveSync" just doesn't help.

I have used Cachemate for years on my Palm, but I have just bought a new phone (Samsung Blackjack II), and am trying to install ther WM6 version of Cachemate on it to use for paperless caching instead.

The Cachemate site says to download the .cab file (Wimdows Media version), and install via ActiveSync.

I downloaded the .cab file, but cannot figure out where to drag and drop the file to sync to the phone. There are several directories I can put the .cab file, but I cannot initiate a download on the phone.

Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions? The broad and vague "install using ActiveSync" just doesn't help.

was it WM PPC or WM smartphone. If PPC, downloaded the cachemate ver 1.31, copy into your phone. Used File manager on your phone, used your stylus duoble tap the cachemate file, It will execute and installed for you with some easy prompt. Yet you can used it to navigate to the cache.

If your phone is smartphone, then let me checked out for you.

was it WM PPC or WM smartphone. If PPC, downloaded the cachemate ver 1.31, copy into your phone. Used File manager on your phone, used your stylus duoble tap the cachemate file, It will execute and installed for you with some easy prompt. Yet you can used it to navigate to the cache.

Just found your was a WM smartphone, I guess it should be the same way as PPC.

Activesyn with phone and PC. Copy the cap file into you phone external card. Used the phone filemanager, highlight the cachemate cad file, press OK or Enter. then it will run and installed for you. If it have a checked box for cacheNav, Checked it. Then you can used the cacheNav with your phone GPS to navigating you to the cache's location.

Just found your was a WM smartphone, I guess it should be the same way as PPC.

Activesyn with phone and PC. Copy the cap file into you phone external card. Used the phone filemanager, highlight the cachemate cad file, press OK or Enter. then it will run and installed for you. If it have a checked box for cacheNav, Checked it. Then you can used the cacheNav with your phone GPS to navigating you to the cache's location.

Git it installed!

Here's how I did it (for future generations):

1- Download the WM6 version of cachemate (it's a .cab file)

2- Connect your BlackJack to your computer and open Activesync

3- In Active Sync, open the "explore" folder

4- Double click the "My windows mobile-based device

5- drag and drop the .cab file into the "storage card" folder

6- Sync your phone

7- On your phone, open the "File Explorer" program located in The "Applications folder

8- Highlight Cachemate, and install.

Edited by Ed & Julie