Now my BlackJack II is a full featured GPSr

jarras

btw... Anyone interested in how to use CacheMate to turn your BJII into a full featured Geocache ready GPSr? I just had a few comm's with CacheMate's developer this morning. I guess he wasn't aware that Microsoft had provided the needed interface in WM, but he had a plugin ready to go and sent to me. All I had to do was place the WM5GPS.dll file into the Cachemate plugins directory using ActiveSync. Then rebooted the phone. Then, under Menu/Options/Preferences/Plugin Config go to CacheNav and set the interface for "WM5 GPS Driver" and same under GPS Location. Then when you open a cache page, choose Menu/Actions/Navigate, and CacheNav pops up and will navigate you to the cache.

I don't think it proper for me to post the dll file here since I don't own it. But if you really want it, you can probably get it at smittyware.com (home of CacheMate)

Note: I haven't tricked out my phone with any hacks or anything else. The GPS has worked fine right out of the box for Google and MS LiveSearch.

The PPc version already was a full geocaching ready GPSr. If combine with Garmin Mobile xT, It work great like a Garmin Nuvi GPS and cachemate waypoint passed over to Garmin Mobile XT just tap a map buttom in cachemate and autoroute to the nearer cache's site, tap the back buttom with GMXT. Back to cachemate and tap the Nav buttom, Geocaching waypoint just a walking distance away. Cachemate was excellence with GMXT on WM PPC. Cheer!

Edited by thsalbert