What GPS & Software for a Mac?

Hello all...

I want to get into Geocaching... but I have a MacBook and I am trying to find an affordable GPS unit and software that will work on my MacBook.

Does anybody out there have a solution?

Thanks.

Malcolm

You might want to check this out if you haven't already.....http://www.maccaching.com/

Edited by Haffy

I am using a Garmin Vista HCx with my Mac, along with the following software:

National Geographic Topo! to print topo maps;

Cachemate to download cache info into Palm for paperless caching;

Maccaching to process and sort caches and export to the GPSr, Topo! and Cachemate.

Topo! and cachemate are optional, but I cache mostly in the wild and have a strong preference for hiking with topographical maps, and also for paperless caching.

I also use Topo! to import the GPSr tracks from my hikes and keep maps with all the hikes I've done.

Edited by southpawaz

Maccaching to process and sort caches and export to the GPSr, Topo! and Cachemate.

Topo! and cachemate are optional, but I cache mostly in the wild and have a strong preference for hiking with topographical maps, and also for paperless caching.

I also use Topo! to import the GPSr tracks from my hikes and keep maps with all the hikes I've done.

I'm using the Venture HC and having difficulty with the MacCaching interface. Which build works for you?

Thanks!

I'm using the Venture HC and having difficulty with the MacCaching interface. Which build works for you?

Thanks!

I, too, use MacGPS Pro on my MBP. I use a BT GPSr and drag the cache info onto the map and the locations show on the map. I change the same list of caches to HTML using GPSVisualizer.com. Then, using Safari, you can search for and read about the caches as you look at them on the map as you go down the road seeing where you are. It's cool.