Ticks and Chiggers

Just treat your caching clothes with Permethrin. It will have the same effect and save you bucks.

If you google Permithrin for clothes you will find several place to by a liquid you can add to the washer with your geo-clothes. We tries it last year, there is no smell (after it dries) and it works pretty good. I have seen tick jump off my brush pants! It last for about 4-6 washings. We also use deet, pull your socks over your pants give that a spray and avoided the chiggers too.

Just treat your caching clothes with Permethrin. It will have the same effect and save you bucks.

If you google Permithrin for clothes you will find several place to by a liquid you can add to the washer with your geo-clothes. We tries it last year, there is no smell (after it dries) and it works pretty good. I have seen tick jump off my brush pants! It last for about 4-6 washings. We also use deet, pull your socks over your pants give that a spray and avoided the chiggers too.

I remember you telling me about that stuff. I still have to try it sooner or later but can't drop it in the wash yet since the little ones clothes have to go in there.

Concerned about these annoying critters.Just did a search and came up with a possible solution.

Bug Skinz™ Bugproof clothing.Has anyone used this? And what is your opinion?

I have the BugSkinz pants and socks (from Cabelas). During the summer in the Pine Barrens of Long Island I wear those as well as using Permethrin on boots and pants and DEET on ankles, arms, hands and neck. After bouts with chiggers two years in a row before I knew better (Hiking through heavy brush in Tevas with no socks) I always wear full protection!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad we don't have chiggers where I live!

Your lucky! I hate them with a passion! I had such a bad case of them last summer I could barely walk. I had over 50 bites just on one foot! :) Between the itching and the sleep deprivation I sure learned my lesson not to be out in the pine barrens in shorts...

Edited by Dolfy