Geocaching pet peeves

The Fej

I know this has probably been covered before, but what really gripes you about Geocaching? By this I mean what kind of caches do you deplore? Are there ways you've found caches hidden that you aren't fond of? Do you hate when the hint gives the hide away? Do you want to choke cachers who post logs/photos with spoilers?

I ask not to start trouble or arguing, but for all of us to take more consideration in what kind of caches we place, where we place them, and how we log them.

Personally it bugs me when people places caches in urban areas for seemingly no reason. I've found magnetic keyholders on phone booths at Wal-Mart before, as well as on paper boxes on a street corner. If there is some history or a story about why it's there, then I'm all for it. But if it's there because the hider just happen to be at a store and had a micro handy, then I think it kind of diminishes the point of what makes Geocaching great, which is interesting hides, spots, and stories.

And like most cachers, I hate reading over the logs of caches I am wanting to find and seeing where someone posted too much information on it without decrypting it, giving the hide away.

And cache owners who post bad coords, but don't bother to change them even after numerous cachers complain.

What about you?

Maybe this will help relieve stress...

→Caches placed without permission.

→Most anything wrapped in shiny camo duct tape.

→When cachers will still look for a cache when they clearly shouldn't. (ie. behind NO TRESPASSING signs)

→When cachers don't seem to care when they find another cache that violates guidelines.

→When cachers don't CITO.

→When cachers show no respect for wherever they are at. (Tearing the place up looking for something.)

→When cachers are loud and noisy.

→Caches placed for no reason other than to place a cache and add a number. (Crappy film can in a bad location.)

→Logging of an event more than once.

→Lazy cache containers.

→When an owner is MIA for a long time and their cache regularly fills with water and everything is soaked and it wont get archived after being reported.

→Caches 20' up in a tree in the middle of a cemetery near headstones. :laughing:

→Buried caches.

Those are some of mine. Kind of negative, huh?