I got my cache back!

In September of 2004, one of my hides was washed away when the park where it was located flooded. (judging from the debris on a nearby fence, the water was about 8 feet deep.) A few weeks ago I was contacted by a cacher that found an ammo can nearby while searching for a different hide I had placed in the park. I told him it may be my old cache so he saved it for me. The can still looks good after being through at least two more floods after the one that originally washed it away. I was surprised to see how well everything held up.

Pix and logs here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...1e-32ca59178a5c

In September of 2004, one of my hides was washed away when the park where it was located flooded. (judging from the debris on a nearby fence, the water was about 8 feet deep.) A few weeks ago I was contacted by a cacher that found an ammo can nearby while searching for a different hide I had placed in the park. I told him it may be my old cache so he saved it for me. The can still looks good after being through at least two more floods after the one that originally washed it away. I was surprised to see how well everything held up.

Pix and logs here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...1e-32ca59178a5c

Let this be a lesson to anyone who ever wondered why the military over engineers things to be so darn solid. 3 1/2 years out in the elements and it was still dry inside! awesome....