Watch list question

moonweed

I would like to see the same option. It would be nice to see who is watching your caches.

The thing is, you would never know why someone is watching your cache.

I use Bookmark Lists to get the logs for many caches, and those Private Bookmark Lists are hidden, so the cache owner never even knows someone is "watching" their cache.

The caches I watch are the brand new ones. I only watch them until they have been found a few times, then remove them from my Watchlist.

If you really want to know who is looking at your cache, if you make it a "Members Only," you can look at the "Audit Log." ;) Just another "perk" of Premium Membership. ;)

I would love to see who is watching my caches. I think this should be made a feature for at least premium members. I think a cache owner should also be able to remove someone from the cache's watchlist.

Yes, I know there is a way to add a cache to a benchmark list and get emails from that list when there is cache activity. I know I do this and I can do it without ever visiting the cache listing. I usually do it when I am seeking to find all of a certain cachers hides and get down to the final few.

Yes. I know I can make my caches member only and get an audit log. But, this keeps new cachers and cachers that are operating on a budget (like children) from seeing the listing.

Reason: We have a geocache coin thief and a geocache thief/vandalizer operating in our area. They have a GPS and know how to use it to either steal coins or cause cache havoc. I can't imagine why they do this, but they do. I suspect they are watching a lot of caches for activity such as coin drops.

====================================

Is there any way to see who has your cache on their "watch list?"

~moonweed

I would love to see who is watching my caches. I think this should be made a feature for at least premium members. I think a cache owner should also be able to remove someone from the cache's watchlist.

Yes, I know there is a way to add a cache to a benchmark list and get emails from that list when there is cache activity. I know I do this and I can do it without ever visiting the cache listing. I usually do it when I am seeking to find all of a certain cachers hides and get down to the final few.

Yes. I know I can make my caches member only and get an audit log. But, this keeps new cachers and cachers that are operating on a budget (like children) from seeing the listing.

Reason: We have a geocache coin thief and a geocache thief/vandalizer operating in our area. They have a GPS and know how to use it to either steal coins or cause cache havoc. I can't imagine why they do this, but they do. I suspect they are watching a lot of caches for activity such as coin drops.

====================================

Is there any way to see who has your cache on their "watch list?"

~moonweed

And ASSUMING that person has it on their watchlist...what's to stop them from doing it on bookmarks instead?

I wouldn't mind seeing who's watching my caches, but I really don't think it's going to help you find a thief...never mind the false accusations that could start.

And that's EXACTLY why the watchlist should be kept private. I should be able to put a cache on my watchlist, without having to worry that I'm going to be accused of theft by a cache owner conducting a witch-hunt.