Colorado bug?

Every week I receive a pocket query response of the nearest 200 unfound caches in the form of an updated GPX file for the caches and a separate GPX file for the associated waypoints. After letting the Colorado get a fix, I select WHERETO and then GEOCACHES. Now I can see the list of all nearby caches together with the distance and direction. However, when I select some of them, the "distance to destination" field is empty and "go to location" does not work. The "full screen compass" option shows the compass but without a needle. This means that I have to go into the cache description, write down the coordinates, and enter them as a waypoint. Calibrating the compass does not help. For other caches in the same file it all works fine. Any ideas what's going on?

Edited by geohound100

Every week I receive a pocket query response of the nearest 200 unfound caches in the form of an updated GPX file for the caches and a separate GPX file for the associated waypoints. After letting the Colorado get a fix, I select WHERETO and then GEOCACHES. Now I can see the list of all nearby caches together with the distance and direction. However, when I select some of them, the "distance to destination" field is empty and "go to location" does not work. The "full screen compass" option shows the compass but without a needle. This means that I have to go into the cache description, write down the coordinates, and enter them as a waypoint. Calibrating the compass does not help. For other caches in the same file it all works fine. Any ideas what's going on?

It is a common problem, you'll find at least half a dozen similar complaints in these forums on the same issue.

Try deleting all of the gpx files in garmin\gpx (save them off to your computer if need them) and restart the Colorado w/o any gpx files. Then you can then reload the gpx files from scratch. That seems to fix it for most people.

GO$Rs

It is a common problem, you'll find at least half a dozen similar complaints in these forums on the same issue.

Try deleting all of the gpx files in garmin\gpx (save them off to your computer if need them) and restart the Colorado w/o any gpx files. Then you can then reload the gpx files from scratch. That seems to fix it for most people.

GO$Rs

That worked like a charm! Thanks a heap.