User's Logs

O-Mega

Not sure if this is considered a feature or not, but I would like to be able to see the log associated with the users smiley or Trackable icon when viewing through a users profile. Many times there are questions regarding a cache or trackable on the forums that do not mention the way-point or reference code which makes you go through many pages of logs (or alot of scrolling under "view all") to find the users post. I have also been curious as to when someone found a particular coin, if the coin is moving fast it can have many entries before I go looking. Anyone else find this tedious?

Not sure if this is considered a feature or not, but I would like to be able to see the log associated with the users smiley or Trackable icon when viewing through a users profile. Many times there are questions regarding a cache or trackable on the forums that do not mention the way-point or reference code which makes you go through many pages of logs (or alot of scrolling under "view all") to find the users post. I have also been curious as to when someone found a particular coin, if the coin is moving fast it can have many entries before I go looking. Anyone else find this tedious?

On most browsers, you can just press Ctrl-F, then enter the string you want to search for (the cacher's name, for example). You're computer can search faster that you can. Let it.

The problem is not finding the log on a given cache or trackable, it's knowing which one they are referring to. List a cache or bug and I can find your log by clicking view all and searching for your user name.

It's those, 'I found a cache with a bug'.... Now I have to dig through their stats/finds hoping to find the right one.

Even with the log search option I'll still have to ask which is the one they logged, or didn't, that is the issue.

Edited by BlueDeuce

On most browsers, you can just press Ctrl-F, then enter the string you want to search for (the cacher's name, for example). You're computer can search faster that you can. Let it.

Sure, that will work; but what is wrong with just being able to click on a link to get to a persons log? When they begin with "last month I was at a cache" and you go to that persons cache finds; now you have to first click the caches tab link to get the list of caches, then click the cache that most sounds like the one (notice it doesn't even list when the cacher found it, only a last found on date) then click on "view them all" to then have your computer search for it. That is a painful way of doing it when some simple code can just have you click the cache link and see his log for that cache or trackable.