Geocaching needs you! Enroll now commando challenge

Ok so its that time again.

THE COMMANDO CHALLENGE 2008

5caebe05-8875-4993-9165-7dd64163e5c.jpg

In glorious Devon there is a thing called a commando challenge which is a charity based event held over the week of the 11.10.08 and 12.10.08. Everyone can join in and last year we had a geocaching team that raised over £500 for charity. :D Its meant to be fun and you do things like run through mud, tunnels and through bogs. The atmospere is great and its a great sence of achievement once you have completed it.

It would be good if this year there was a few teams entered for a bit of competition it was suggested if a Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset ect team were entered. If anyone was interested in coming from further afield then I could recomend camping (although its in October). There will be a social event organised for the Sunday evening in a local watering hole! I am also certain that for those spectators there will be a few caches put out on Woodburry common especially for the weekend. :)

Here is the link for the webiste that had more details:

Commando challenge website

Here is the link for last years event:

My Webpage

I know that its a long way off but places are filling up very fast. So please post your interest...anyone that came last year will know what fun it was. There will again be a team from Devon taking part this year :D Please have a think about it and dont hesitate to contact me with any quieries you might have.

You're on!

A team of Bristol/Somerset cachers have risen to The Kinkys challenge and now entered - I'm not sure if we've got a name yet.

Our esteemed leader Commander Cartooner :laughing: (none other than Dick Darsatrdly himself) will be along later to clarify and bump this thread. I'm sure there's room for more in our team.

Being our first year we are going for the 3 mile one on Saturday so it may be we need to organise a second social event for us less than tuffies if other geocaching groups do similar.

not-tagged-smiley-15747.gif

Come on now the rest of you!

WHAT!!!

All that mud, and rain, and gravel, and rocks, and itsy bitsy teeny tubes to crawl through, and mud (did I mention that earlier?), and water, and more crawly tunnels, and more mud, and rocks, and a bit more water....

you must be joking - who in their right mind's going to volunteer for that ?????????????????

WHAT!!!

All that mud, and rain, and gravel, and rocks, and itsy bitsy teeny tubes to crawl through, and mud (did I mention that earlier?), and water, and more crawly tunnels, and more mud, and rocks, and a bit more water....

you must be joking - who in their right mind's going to volunteer for that ?????????????????

Ohh good point - it doesn't sound much fun - in October - now you mention it....

You're on!

A team of Bristol/Somerset cachers have risen to The Kinkys challenge and now entered - I'm not sure if we've got a name yet.

Our esteemed leader Commander Cartooner :o (none other than Dick Darsatrdly himself) will be along later to clarify and bump this thread. I'm sure there's room for more in our team.

Being our first year we are going for the 3 mile one on Saturday so it may be we need to organise a second social event for us less than tuffies if other geocaching groups do similar.

not-tagged-smiley-15747.gif

Come on now the rest of you!

Yes, the Somerset contingent will be entering a team very soon. We are just waiting for a few more entries to be returned and then we will announce it official.

If there is anyone other mad soul wishing to join in please email me soonest as I wish to finalise things very quickly.

Anyone any ideas for a name?

The Somerset Team are finalising things and will be entering very soon.

We will be known as "Cache me if you can". Thanks to Ross (Other half to Maple Leaf) for dreaming up the name

.... AKA Paradiddle (but he thinks we are mad, and is just going to be in the 'support team')

Enrolled.......paid.........and going to pysciatric nurse tomorrow :mad: cmon you Devon lot!!!!

:P Not sure i mentioned this or not but reckon we ought to do a bit of training for the seven mile challenge this year, so reckon sep is training month, twice a week around the course..!!!!

:mad: Oops forgot to mention we are doing the sat and sun Mike !!! :D You boys eat too many pasties down there,hehe.

Good reply!

:P Oops forgot to mention we are doing the sat and sun Mike !!! :P You boys eat too many pasties down there,hehe.

Ah it's our Girls team you want to worry about....

A better reply! hehe

:sad: Oops forgot to mention we are doing the sat and sun Mike !!! :D You boys eat too many pasties down there,hehe.

Good reply!

:D Oops forgot to mention we are doing the sat and sun Mike !!! :o You boys eat too many pasties down there,hehe.

Ah it's our Girls team you want to worry about....

A better reply! hehe

Are you up for it then Stuey :o

So we get to whip the upstarts into shape on Saturday - AND show them how it should be done on Sunday?????? lol

Edited to add - we could use the saturday's kiddy course as training for the proper one on Sunday? This is my 5th one - I'm up for it if you p**fs are............

Edited by keehotee

:D:o:D We will Tim,Notice how quiet Stuey goes when mentioned about the sun event,lightweight. :sad:

Oy, I was eating :o

I've done the seven miler too many times already, and I hate running. I'm not gonna "downgrade" to the three miler as I wanted to retire "at the top" hehe. Last time I did it I got interviewed by Westcountry TV and ended up on the local news bulletin :D

After reading various comments etc, was thinking maybe we should all just go ahead and do the 3 mile run, this way its more of a friendly competiton and easier to organise the event with everyone in one place on the same day. You could say it would be more social.

Trophy for the quickest team!!!

:( Right then, i have just spoken to Kim and have both decided that trying to organize two days is far too difficult with events etc so everyone is now doing the sat (3 mile challenge) only.

Also Kim will be organizing the sat event (caching commando) the same as last year in a local pub,to be announced at a later date.

Anyone who is in our sat team,can they please contact Kim asap and send their £15 as Kim has paid for all of us out of her pocket, thanks.