Charity Calendars

Ok I am probably going to drop myself into a whole load of trouble and arguments here and I do not want to go into the Peter and Dave and threads closed issue and cause any arguments.

But as far as the "charity" situation goes this is how I personally stand

I emailed Groundspeak and said words to the effect of Hi I am Mandy from Us 4 and Jess and for the past two years I have been making Geocaching calendars and the monies raised from these go to a charity that will benifit Geocaching or a Geocacher**, am I OK to do these and also could I use your logo andsome of your Signal the Frog images :D Groundspeak gave me permission to continue making the calendars and to use their logo and sent me one Signal image to use, and me being me I emailed back and asked if I could have another :D:D so I got two images to use!!

(**The first year we raised money for The Spinal Injuries Unit in Scotland after Billy Twiggers terrible accident, and then last year we raised money for Dogs for the Disabled who helped Dorsetgal and for Berkshire Search and Rescue Dogs who would go out and search for walkers if they were lost or injured (which I presume would cover Geocachers too.) This year I hope to raise money for The Great North Air Ambulance this is the charity that air lifted Moss Trooper from the mountain when he broke his ankle whilst out Geocaching.**)

I have spoken to Groundspeak again lately to make sure I was OK to advertise The Mega Event Calendars on these forums and also to make my "usual" calendar later in the year, and basically from what I understand permission will be granted if the calendar is made by a geocacher and they are sold to geocachers and the profit from the sales go to something geocaching related.

I have to email Groundspeak and ask for permission to put a thread on the forum as it is charity related so the thread will not be closed by a passing Mod, and I have to ask their permission to use their logo and images and I have to state on the calendars that these are being used with permission, as I stated earlier these are my personal circumstances.

I would urge if you would like to do something charity related that will benefit Geocaching drop them an email and ask permission, they aren't savage :D they are almost "normal" :D:D they can only say yes or no after all.

Please dont turn this into an argument/slanging match or involve any of the other present issues that are around at the moment, I am just letting all the folks who buy my calendars know how things will work for this year. :D

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Its good to know that common sense has prevailed on this and I hope that the Calendars raise a lot of money to aid the worthy cause. I'm glad that you managed to jump through all the hoops and that you have gotten the permission you deserve for doing this great service.

Ian

This years charity for my "normal" Geocaching 2009 calendar will be The Great North Air Ambulance, this is the charity that air lifted Moss Trooper a few years back when he broke his ankle whilst out Geocaching.

I have a Just Giving page already set up for these calendars.

The way it works is you go to the link below and pay £3.00 direct through the page to the GNAA, and then later on in the year you pay £2.00 to me for the cost and P & P of the calendars.

Once you have paid your £3.00 then you calendar is ordered, there will be 150 made.

To order please pay you donation at the following link:-

Geocaching 2009 Calendars

Ta Muchly

Mandy

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Oh a quick note......while we have so many over the ponders in the forums :P I was asked if I would post calendars outside of the UK.

Several of my calendars have been posted to America before and can be again :P:P

The calendars are filled with geocachers, scenic pictures, animals, ruins, flowers, castles ect from all over the UK, and all of the photos are taken close to UK caches too :P each page has information on telling you where the photo was taken and by who and which cache they were close to.

I am not sure if the Just Giving site will take payment in dollars or any other currency or not (I dont think it will to be honest) but if you would be interested in buying a calendar you could always pay me by Paypal and I could make the donation to the Just Giving page for you. :P then I would post the calendars out. The calendars are £5.00 (is that 10 dollars?) thats includes everything my bit for producing them and the charities money and the P & P.

The Great North Air Ambulance is a very worthy charity. I am sure if you do a web search you will find loads of information about them.

Mandy :P

Edited by Us 4 and Jess