Isle Royale National Park Geocoins For Sale

HITECHTEAM

Well, after 11 months of designing, completing artwork, and 12 different samples, I've finally arrived at the final products. This is my first attempt at personal geocoin.

I have visited this island many times in my younger years, and I fell in love with it. There are only 2 geocaches here, one virtual, and 1 earth cache (earth cache icon is copyrighted and I could not get permission to use it on the coin...so I used a similar icon), and they are represented on the coins reverse with a howling wolf (winterish)--one of the 2 dominant mammals on the island. The front of the coin depicts a moose (the other dominant mammal on the island) in the water (summerish) with a depiction of the island in a background of water.

Coin Specifications: 108 Black Nickel, 108 Copper, 24 Antique Silver, 10 Antique Bronze, and 1 Antique Gold editions, 2' diameter, 251 total mintage (no re-minting ever), laser etched tracking numbers, trackable on GC.com, soft enamels (these give a nice look of depth), and unique icon.

Pre-sales for the sandblasted copper and the black nickel editions only--$9.75 each + shipping. A limited numbers of the antique silver will be avavlable for sale (no pre-sales). A few of the antique bronze may be for sale on eBay when I have them in hand, and I'll be keeping the unique antique gold coin. :blink:My wife, hitechgal, says I have to recover minting costs before and trades are considered (if any are left to trade). :o

I expect delivery of these coins from the mint on or about June 22, 2008, and all presales wiill be mailed on the day following their arrival. My web page will be updated on a regular basis to keep all interested parties informed.

Sorry I didn't state this when I orginally posted: Shipping to the US and Canada ONLY for pre-sales.. I will ship regular orders elsewhere when I have the coins in hand.

For complete details, information, and to preorder visit this page: Isle Royale National Park Geocoin.

Sorry, no pre-orders through forums or PM's....I'm way too busy to check all these sites on a timely basis.

I have been overwhelmed with pre-order requests, but I promise I will send invoices in the order I receive requests.

Reverse Image of Black Nickel Edition: Isle%20Royale%20Black%20Nickel%20Back.jpg

Steve

Edited by hitechman

Since I can't preorder (overseas), is there anybody who'll trade two BN coins?

Send me a mail, I'll go through my box for an offer (a Tranquility German Edition anybody?;-)

I feel badly about not doing the pre-sale outside of the USA and Canada, but here's what happened.

I have never shipped outside of the USA (through eBay w/ PayPal) before last year. Then all of a sudden 3 buyers "claimed" (which is probably true) they didn't get their merchandise (one was $220 worth of silver proof sets). I couldn't prove I shipped the items (all on the same day too) so PayPal refunded their money, and I was out over $300 total, and had no recourse.

Needless to say, I don't offer shipping overseas anymore. I'm running with my tail between my legs. I've got close to $1900 invested in 250 coins, and I can't afford any of this non-delivery PayPal stuff--thus the delivery confimation.

I'm open to suggestions, but, like I said before, this scares me a bit. I don't want to exclude anyone who wants a coin. but I can't afford the financial risk. Help anyone?

Steve

Edited by hitechman

Since I can't preorder (overseas), is there anybody who'll trade two BN coins?

Send me a mail, I'll go through my box for an offer (a Tranquility German Edition anybody?;-)

Referring to AtlantaGal's post......I think you saying pretty much what I said in my last post---you are worried about paying and geting nothing, and I'm worried about sending and not getting paid. One of the reasons this coin has taken so long is the my second set of samples got "lost in the mail" and had to be redone.

I was overwhelmed last night with pre-orders--I never dreamed it would be this much work. I'm getting caught up--should be caught up with yesterdays order by late tonight. I see I have a dozen more e-mails requesting invoices, but the'll have to wait until I can get to them.

There are about 60 of each metal left for pre-order.

Got a call just a few minutes ago from my wife (shhh, I am at work). She said the coin maker called (not sure I can mention the company making this coin so I won't), and said I should have the coins in 4 weeks--that puts it around June 10.

Steve

Edited by hitechman

I think you saying pretty much what I said in my last post---you are worried about paying and geting nothing, and I'm worried about sending and not getting paid.

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my intentions completely. I like the coin and I'd like to get one. But since can't preorder and I'm afraid there won't be any coins left for a regular order (and you stated you won't ship overseas) the only chance for me to get one or two of these coins is through a trade.

I don't worry about paying and not getting the coin, that's the risk with every trade (right now I'm waiting for a overdue package of paid coins but I trust the sender and I think it's not his fault they haven't arrived until now - could also be customs' or the shipping company's).

Please don't be offended, it's your decision not to ship overseas and I respect it, I'm just looking for an alternative way to get'em.

Edited by wutzebear

I just updated the website...........

Good new for foreign buyers. I spoke with out postmaster today and he stated he can issue a receipt with name/country on it and postmark it as proof coins were mailed.

I will sell to outside the US/Canada (no middle east countries, and a few others the postmaster said they have trouble getting mail too). I'll only accept PayPal from those outside of the US and ship to the adress on the Paypal Payment notification.

Here's the front:

Isle%20Royale%20Black%20Nickel%20Front.jpg

Steve

Edited by hitechman

Nice Coin, good luck with the Sales :) Would love to buy, but as we Aussie Flipper's have bought too many this month, have to wait a while as we are working on path tags for a couple of milestones we are getting close too.

Cheers

Edited by FLIPPER&CO

Pre-sales from this web page (Isle Royale National Park Geocoin) will be closing on June 4 at 11:00 pm. I will update this site to reflect shipping of the coins when they arrive (for those who have pre-orderd from this site).

I'll be moving the pre-sales to an e-commerce (free site similar to eBay) site on June 5 for about 4-5 days after that, and until the coins arrive. After June 4, the pre-sale price increases to $10.50. I'll post a link to the new site on June 5. Hopefully, I will have pictures of all 5 versions by then as well.

When the coins arrive the sale price will be $11.00 on that site. I'll aslo be offering a few of the LE and XLE coins at that time (at a slightly higher price). Yes, I may even put a few on eBay (I did sell some samples there).

I'd like to take a moment to address a few of the comments I have received (publically and privately). Most have been positive and supportive, but a few have not.

1 - I understand the concerns of a pre-sale--it's not something I did for greed, but rather out of necessity. It's also a way I can offer these coins at a reduced price. You don't know me and "anything can happen". This is one reason I have opted to accept payment through PayPal. It protects both you and me.

2 - My shipping is a bit high--come on! I figure around $1.82 for first class postage (per 2" coin), delivery confirmation is $.75 (protects me against a "payback" from PayPal when someone claims they didn't receive their coin, and I can prove USPS delivery--got stung on eBay 2-3 times with that one), $.29 for a padded mailer, and pretty much $0.00 for my time and delivery to the post office. PayPal gets its cut of the shipping as well. International delivery is higher than the actual rate as a sort of insurance for any non-delivery claims.

3 - I have an average of over $8 inversted in each coin so far. I guess, I kind of went overboard: unique icon, icon design, 2" size, activation codes, design, artwork, sample and die fees, laser etched tracking numbers, and shipping of the coins to me. I have no idea what I have spent on printer ink and paper, mailing labels, and receipts. Then there are those pesky PayPal fees again!! Yes, it looks like I might "make" a buck-fifty on each coin pre-sold.

It is not (and never was) my intent to make a "killing" or a profit from these coins. I just want to recover my costs plus a few bucks, so that I will have a few coins I can keep, place in caches, give away, donate, and trade (and buy some gas so I can go geocaching!!).

I've been working on this coin for about a year because I wanted it just right. I'm an art idiot, and I appreciate all the help for color and design suggestions (yup, blue-green color blind as well) that was provided to me (most of it free).

My motives are pure. I hope those of you who get my coins appreciate and enjoy them. If you feel they are not worth the price, no one is forcing you to purchase them.

Please excuse my ranting, but I feel better now. These comments are directed more at the system, rather than any one individual. Thank you for understanding.

Steve (hitechman)

Edited by hitechman

We think your coin is beautiful and we hope to be able trade with you for your artist edition when you get them in hand. With the better half being from Michigan this is a got to have coin for us. Isle Royal is a beautiful place and we call it God's Country. Just our two cent worth.

Barry and Valarie aka sweetlife

I just received word that the coins were shipped from the mint on Friday--expected arrival to me is on June 5.

This means that ALL pre-orders will END on June 4, 2008, and sales will begin at $11.00 per coin. .

All pre-sale invoices must be paid by 11:00pm EDST on June 4, 2008 or they will be canceled.

Sales will be from my web store only, and not from the pre-sale page. Only the copper and black nickel versions will be sold on a regular basis. I'll be adding the antiques 1 at a time on random dates after a few sales on eBay. I will also offer some as a set of 4.

I've posted pictures of all versions at the bottom of the presale page.

Steve

Edited by hitechman

Coins arrived today (Friday, June 6).

I got about half of them to the post office before it closed this afternoon, and the rest were packaged and addressed tonight, and will hit the post office first thing tomorrow morning.

I hope they all arrive safely, and that you will enjoy them.

Thank you.

Steve

Edited by hitechman

The IRNP Geocoins are now for sale at my e-store: here.

IRNP%20Front.JPG

108 copper, 108 Black Nickel, 24 Antique Silver and 10 Antique Bronze were minted--no remints, ever. These coins are trackable, done in soft enamels (copper, bronze, and silver are sandblasted), and have a unique icon.

Coins represent this island national park: the 2 dominant species (moose and wolf) and the 2 caches (1 earth cache and 1 virtual cache) on the island.

The AS and AB editions will be added to the store one at a time, and on a random basis, so you'll have to watch for that.

You can see pictures of the coins, and get all the information here.

Steve

Edited by hitechman

<removed by moderator>

Sorry, I did a no-no, and I apologize for that. It won't happen again.

I have 8 trackable Isle Royale COPPER geocoins for trade at this point--contact me if interested (preferably by e-mail).

Steve

Edited by hitechman

I have a few of the Black Nickel and Copper versions of the Isle Royale National Park Geocoin for sale at my store: Geocoins & More.

Use coupon code fallsale to get 15% off your order. One coupon per customer and offer expires on September 14, 2008, or sooner, if remaining coins are sold out.

All coins listed are unactivated and trackable on geocaching.com.

Also.....a special thanks to "victorymike" for taking my coins to Isle Royale to visit the 2 caches on the island, and sending me pictures.

Steve

Anyone have one or more of these coins to sell or trade?

Taking a few boyscouts to the island this summer, and after completing the earthcache, virtual cache, and soon to be released geocaching merit badge would like to have one or more of these as a memory of the trip.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Jack

248-762-0311