COINTEST: Win one of Yáahl's Feathers!

Crowesfeat30

Ok, I have been threatening..... errr ummm, promising to have a cointest for my Yáahl's Feather geocoins so here we go!

In the mid 1800's Henry Ward Beecher is quotes as saying, "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows". This begs the question: Are YOU clever enough?

Yáahl's Feather Cointest

Please read all rules and instructions carefully!

Official Rules:

I make all rules and decisions. No whining or complaining allowed. Appeals are acceptable.

This cointest is open to all registered Forum users with at least 20 posts. Anyone with fewer than 20 posts may also play if they have two Forum users who have 20 or more posts vouch for them.

There is a limit of one Feather per qualified Forum user, whether as a prize or gift. If I send a Feather to you without your winning one of the puzzles or questions you still may not win a second one thru this cointest.

All answers must come from you. In other words, you may not send an answer for your two-year old who would never be able to understand and answer a question or solve a puzzle for themselves.

There will be age specific puzzles or questions if there are enough children who are registered Forum users or vouched for who are interested in playing.

All answers to all puzzles and questions must be e-mailed to yaahl.raven@gmail.com .

Any answers posted in this thread will be ignored. Any answers e-mailed to me thru my profile will be ignored. Any answers sent to me via P.M. will be ignored. As only one Feather may be won (or gifted) per qualified Forum user, all answers sent by previous winners (and receivers) will, of course, be ignored.

To help me keep track of which question is being answered or puzzle solved I will be numbering and naming each puzzle or question. Please have the puzzle/question number and puzzle/question name in the subject name of you e-mails (Eg: Yáahl's Feather Cointest, Puzzle #1, "Who's on First?"). Also include your first name and caching name after your answer in all e-mails.

The first correct answer – determined by the time stamp on you e-mails – will be the winner. I will contact the winner for their mailing address and their caching name will be posted in this thread.

Each winner will be asked to choose a number between 001 and 130 and to choose one of the four available finishes. If you'd prefer the number to the finish or vice versa, please let me know. Your chosen number may not be available in the finish you'd prefer so I'll need to know which is more important. Also, remember that another winner may have chosen your number. If this is the case I will default to the finish choice.

I will do my best to post at least three questions or puzzles per day but please remember I work eight-hour shifts on the days I work and will not be able to announce winners or post new puzzles/questions until I get home and unwind a bit.

Also, because of my work schedule, I can usually only get to the Post Office during their business hours on Wednesdays so prizes will only get mailed out once a week. This is necessary for non-domestic mail. Those who win on Wednesday evenings will have to wait the longest unfortunately.

And finally a request: Please do not post "E-mail sent" in this thread, as it will unnecessarily lengthen it. Questions, comments and congratulations are, of course, welcome.

:o

And so, without further ado, let the games begin!!!

First question will be in my next post.

Oh and BTW, in case you have not seen these before, this is what you are playing for:

coins223cropped.jpg

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Question/Puzzle #1 : Name that Tune

On my original sig item (picture of which is posted in the Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins thread, post # 32) has a verse of a song on it which goes something like this:

...Said I looked and I couldn't see

The things God put in front of me

Saw the trees and the leaves and the water

But not the wood

No, no I couldn't see you...

The first person who sends me the title of the song, name of the album and the name of the band will win one of Yáahl's Feathers. Extra credit (but not an extra feather) if you name the lead vocalist.

Remember to send all answers to yaahl.raven @gmail.com. Do not post your answers here.

CF30

Wow, took me 2 emails to get it right (oops). Thanks so much Crowesfeat30, Yay! And good luck to everyone else who plays.

Congrats Amaroo!

:D

Man, I gotta get those 20 posts so I can participate.

Haha, less reading, more typing.

It's not like im not on here until 1am usually.

:D

teehee!

Can I get someone (or 2) to vouch for me?

:o

All who sent answers answered correctly. :o Now on to the next Question/Puzzle!

Question/Puzzle # 2 Digital Digits

Imagine a digital clock like the one most people have in their houses. How many times will the clock display three or more of the same number in a row over the course of one day?

The clock in this puzzle displays time on a 12-hour scale, not military time.

CF30

One more and I have to go to bed:

Question/puzzle # 3 Magic Squares 1

Fill in the empty boxes so these groups add up to the number below each diagram:

1. each row; 2. each column; 3. both diagonals; 4. the four center squares; 6. each quarter of the diagram.

A number will be used only once per diagram.

puzzles004cr.jpg

For those who cannot scan & send a copy of their answer as a picture, type the numbers in the correct columns in your e-mail to me. I have to get up early and work late so I will post the winner tomorrow evening.

CF30

Are you sure I can't beg for one :D ? Dang it, just checking in and I see I missed all the cointest.... congrat's winners :o

# 3 is still up and running and there will be more tomorrow, and the next night and the next.... Well you get the idea. When I run out of Feathers, one way or another, the cointest will end.

CF30

What time will you be on Crow?

I get off work at 5:00 pm so say 6:00pm or so. Central time. I got all evening tomorrow night so I'll be able to post more that three. :o

Also, so y'all know, I will be out of town Saturday & much of Sunday so you won't get any puzzles on those days. Maaaaaybe late on Sunday evening. And I will try to post some during the daytime but I work most days - 9-5 type shifts - so so that could be a bit problematic. Wednesdays are usually good for that, tho.

CF30

:o Wow, this is a fun cointest, congrats to all winners and Crowesfeet 30 thanks for this head thinking cointest :D

:D this one is for you Crowesfeet 30 :D

My thunder comes before the lightning;

My lightning comes before the clouds;

My rain dries all the land it touches.

What am I?

Those feathers are beautiful :D:D:D

Congratulations to all winners so far!!! B) And of course thanks for all the cointests so far!

I guess I have to change my sleeping times to get into one of them... or I have to solve one of the really hard ones that no one else can solve :o:D

Yes they certainly do look lovely, but I don't think it'll make much of a difference whether or not I change my sleeping times....because when the grey matter was dished out I must have been at the back of the queue lol!! So, I'll never have a feather in my cap!! :D :D

Congrats to all the winners though........very well deserved indeed!! :D

Congratulations to all the winners, that have won one of those beautiful feathers up ´till now. :D

Thank you for this cointest, this is really generous of you :o

I´ll be looking forward to the next question, I missed the last three :D

kraehe.jpg

Edited by Tschakko

I make all rules and decisions. No whining or complaining allowed. Appeals are acceptable.

There is a limit of one Feather per qualified Forum user, whether as a prize or gift. If I send a Feather to you without your winning one of the puzzles or questions you still may not win a second one thru this cointest.

DANG - that's me out from the very start! Oh well - I will have to live with that. :o:D

DANG - that's me out from the very start! Oh well - I will have to live with that. :o:D

You can always send me your feather and then you'll be able to play. :D:D

You can always send me your feather and then you'll be able to play. :D:D

I just read that passage again, I´ll take the gift one, it´s not necessary to me to win it :D

Ok, are y'all ready for the next question? Here we go:

Question/Puzzle # 4 How many coins?

Say I collect Geocoins. :) One day, my boyfriend asks, "How many Geocoins do you have?" I say, "If I divide the coins into two groups, then 33 times the difference between the number of coins in each group equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers." How many coins do I have?

Good luck! :D

CF30

As always, send all answers to yaahl.raven@gmail.com

Edited by Crowesfeat30