Gallery photos not arranged by log date

DavidMac

I've recently started going through the thousands of photos that I've taken while on caching trips, and have found a number of old photos (circa 2006-07) that I'd like to upload to some old logs. When I do so, I've noticed that they don't show up in my gallery chronologically according to the date I posted my log, but by date uploaded.

It's not a huge inconvenience, but it does cause a few minor problems. First, if I don't upload pictures in order, they don't show up in order in my gallery and are harder to locate. Second, since the date associated with each picture is the date uploaded, the dates listed in a cache page gallery can be wildly incorrect.

I would like to request that gallery pictures uploaded to cache logs be associated with the date on the log, not the date uploaded. Alternately, could we be given a way to edit the date associated with a photo, similar to how we can backdate logs?

Glad you dislike this also.

I already asked for this here.

Then I added a comment to a release notes news here but got no reply.

I opened a ticket June 2nd and still haven't received a feedback.

Finally I wrote to 3 Lackey and only Raine was kind enough to reply me something.

As far as your issue goes, it is a recognized problem, but one that doesn't have an easy work around. I've added it as an internal bug item and will take a look at it when I have some time.