Archived caches on Google maps

FireRef

They were supposed to be turned back on. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, considering the option was just removed at one point.

The response I got, on a now closed (and somewhat off topic for this issue) thread was

(Quote from OpinioNate)

Bug #1803 "Show Archived Caches on Google Maps"

Sorry for the derail.

(end Quote)

- What does this mean? And when can we expect them to be returned, since it was agreed by TPTB that it would be done? Removing an option seems to be a common tactic lately - archived caches, html codes, etc... returning them, even when you say you will, appears to be much more complicated... why so?

It was said that they would be back and as far as I know they will. There are other mission critical issues ahead of that request. They will be back on when they are back on. I am sorry but that is the best answer there is at the moment. Not everything is so important that other things need to be dropped to get this done. Patience please. No matter how many times you request it, it will not increase the speed at which it happens. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

You have your answer here and in the other thread. Please don't start another one for at least 30 days. Thanks.