Racy!

A Racy Little Event (Silverstone, F1 GP weekend) (Event Cache)

I'm watching qualifying right now, and having just spoke to Alibags, it seems some people don't know there's an event at a spot with views of the track, but outside of the fence, tomorrow morning. From 10.30am, til the race starts at 12, with a flyby by The Red Arrows and a lot of high-octane tension building...

It'd be nice to see you there :D

I think the wet weather put loads of folks off but the pre-race event went well and then the actual race... Well, I'd thought about hanging about for the start and then getting home for the end, but it soon became clear Silverstone was the right place to be until the finish for a very special day. Thanks for coming along, those who braved the rain :angry:

Great atmosphere and I'll consider another, similar event for next years final (?) F1GP at Silverstone.

We could see halfway up Hanger Straight and watched several overtaking moves at Stowe Corner (including Lewis taking the lead) which was visable from underneath the stands. We also had a clear view of the large diamond screen, and Radio 5 live on the radio.

I'm sure there are better views inside the fence, but the extra £100+ we saved, that's at least another couple of caching trips petrol paid for :D

It looks like you had a great view.........................

.................of the rear of the spectators stand and the service road? :D

It's easy to mock, isn't it?

i) That's not the best angle- we all had binoculars, and you didn't need headphones or Radio 5 Live's excellent commentary to hear the atmosphere- my ears will be ringing with air-horns for a while, thanks to Lewis's win.

ii) I'm not actually that fat- I have a lot of equipment down the front of my jacket, trying to keep it out of the rain. It wasn't any drier inside the compound. :D

iii) An event inside the track wouldn't have been allowed- Indeed, I had to have my event finish before the race began to ensure it fell foul of no GC events rules. The best view from outside the fence is from Stowe corner, which is why you can see a tent behind us. Which is obscuring quite a crowd outside the fence.

iv) Read the logs- the four of us beyond the fence all had a grand time, and were collectivly £400ish better off for not being inside. Plus we could just leave afterwards; no queues or 2 hours to get out of the car park for us :huh:

v) How are these for other photos from the day?

0647cfbd-18c0-4ba5-8913-8828b5c2395e.jpg

83ca33c1-83e5-43d5-86b6-4a81d1306368.jpg

62b49155-347f-40f2-9f6d-ecf899edfc50.jpg

32560340-40bc-411a-aeed-c7772009ebf0.jpg

7967cecf-88da-47af-aad7-7f21c75a18a1.jpg

471a28f5-7f2d-458f-b2a9-36e2b6faa5b8.jpg

721382ff-fe5f-487c-921d-2bd825775370.jpg

More on my log, here.

Edited by Simply Paul
It looks like you had a great view.........................

.................of the rear of the spectators stand and the service road? :)

It's easy to mock, isn't it?

Jeez Paul, it was a joke hence the two smiley's, no wonder there are people that are afraid to post on here? :(

Your pictures look great, I am awesomely jealous that I wasn't there!