Site slownes?

TMAACA

I'm trying to report a new cache listing and have been struggling to get to the edit listings page. Just comes up with the green background and nothing else. It seems the site is running incredibly slow and hanging on each page. I remember that this was an issue a while back and I haven't been as active caching lately. Is this just a typical Sunday crush of people or is it just me?

I'm trying to report a new cache listing and have been struggling to get to the edit listings page. Just comes up with the green background and nothing else. It seems the site is running incredibly slow and hanging on each page. I remember that this was an issue a while back and I haven't been as active caching lately. Is this just a typical Sunday crush of people or is it just me?

Yes, excrutiatingly slow today connecting to the main site. I thought it might be my connection since I am on the road and using WiFi at a Barnes and Noble, but as usual, no problem with connecting to the Forums, which are on different servers.

I have reported it to the office.

Thank you.

I feel so much better...

Wonder if they are working on Sundays?

I queried the GC server and its response time is very slow, something is going on with it for sure. Maybe Microsoft-Tuesday hit it late…

I queried the GC server and its response time is very slow, something is going on with it for sure. Maybe Microsoft-Tuesday hit it late…

On the contrary, the ICMP echo times of the severs are astonishingly short!

Edited by The Hawks

On the contrary, the ICMP echo times of the severs are astonishingly short!

This is true, but HTTP request is not. Finding the site seems not to be the problem, getting something back in return does.

Absolutely painfully slow all day, and last night as well. It's not like the webmaster is a volunteer, or something? Maybe has a day off now and again?

Nawww! The server is just overloaded and they don't get enough income from us members to upgrade.

Dang I knew I should have sent my check in.

Painfully slow here in the UK. Whats the chances of it producing a PQ for tomorrow :ph34r: Looks like no caches for me tomorrow :unsure:

I just created and received a PQ without problems. Once you get through to the creatin page, you have succeeded!

Trying to geocache with my iPhone 3G, but its no good without the site working. Hope it gets fixed soon.

http://wap.geocaching.com is up and running at full speed.

Site eventually comes up after a minute or so. Each page takes a minute or so to load.

I'm trying to submit a new Cache and all I get is a green page. Trying to log my finds takes about 5mins for everything to go through. Then on the next find it makes me log in again which takes even more time. Come on guys get it going. 0002006A.gif

Why would you pick the busiest time of the week to submit a cache that will sit and await approval. Wouldn't tomorrow morning be a better time to try and submit a new cache???

Around here it only takes an hour or two at the most to get a Cache approved. I've had some that have been approved in 5 mins from submission. 00020110.gifso why wait , people want to go Caching today not tomorrow.

Why would you pick the busiest time of the week to submit a cache that will sit and await approval. Wouldn't tomorrow morning be a better time to try and submit a new cache???

That is like suggesting I should drive to work at noon instead of 7:30 since there will be less traffic and I will get there faster.

Around here it only takes an hour or two at the most to get a Cache approved. I've had some that have been approved in 5 mins from submission. 00020110.gifso why wait , people want to go Caching today not tomorrow.

5 minutes??? Don't your reviewers have a life out there? :unsure:

That is like suggesting I should drive to work at noon instead of 7:30 since there will be less traffic and I will get there faster.

Not really. I doubt you will get fired if your cache is not submitted.

5 minutes??? Don't your reviewers have a life out there? :unsure:

One of our reviewers has over 4000 finds. Weekends do take a little longer but durning the week they are quick. The other reviewer is pretty quick on weekends though. 000201C8.gif Had a friend submit one today and it only took an hour. Of course it took him 10 mins to get the page to work. 000201DD.gif I gave up on my submission after about 15 mins and only getting the blank green page.

That was happening to me awhile ago. I don't know what it is. Unfortunately that was when I had a series of 9 to get on the site. :D

I also had to wait 20 minutes to get to a cachepage once, probably because of internet coinnections. (I use the neighbor's signal)

I also had to wait 20 minutes to get to a cachepage once, probably because of internet coinnections. (I use the neighbor's signal)

Consider requesting a new cache type for that ("Find the WLAN signal, crack WEP and multiply the third block of the AP's MAC address with 14") :D ...