All change again...

Yep the whole sites changed to....

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Kewl!!!!

Grrrrr :anitongue: , yup stalled on me just I was saving an unusually long (for me) log, and I lost it all :laughing: . I should know better and copy it before clicking on submit, but you get used to it being reliable(ish).

Might be an idea if they put out a warning when they are working on it.

Grrrrr :anitongue: , yup stalled on me just I was saving an unusually long (for me) log, and I lost it all :laughing: . I should know better and copy it before clicking on submit, but you get used to it being reliable(ish).

Might be an idea if they put out a warning when they are working on it.

I would say Use your back button but I'm sure you've tried that. When ever the website has timed out on me in the past and I get the error message, back button has always got it back for me.

But remember when the website was REALLY bad for performance? That's when I got into the habit of preparing my logs in Word before hand and then pasting it in. Crashes didn't faze me then! :ph34r:

What a 'kin mess - the old front page was grim but this beggars belief!

Surely this stuff should be tested, announced and then issued. If we ran the business I work in like this it would have failed ages ago.

What is happening Groundspeak?

Maybe its different with you guys - I have a new front page but the subsequent pages, maps (as far as I can see) are the same.

So now we have a greenish front page and the rest, including the forum, is blue, or is it different with ypu?

Incidentally, IE7 here.

Change is a good thing when it works.

From here... FAIL.

Now pretty much unusable on Opera Mobile 8.6. It seems to think it has about a mile of horizontal nonexistant content to scroll to which completely messes up the broswer's navigation.

... further "testing"... the new Geocaching site completely screws up mobile browsing now, good and proper. Even sub pages are now displayed on Opera as tiny vertical slivers that you can't do any scrolling to.

As I was about to change to paperless and mobile caching, this is bad news.

FAIL

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Just logged out to be sure that my desktop short cut was not corrupting things.

Googled "geocaching" and now all I get is a Google map thingy showing "Green Lake Park", where ever that is, and no front page, but I'm still logged in though! (Thinks he, thankful for small mercy's)

Time for bed, me thinks, must be a bad dream - it will be ok in the morning.........

The website is working fine for me... navigating it merrily. The changes are visual. The structure of the web page is still the same as before. It has just been given a refresh. A lick of paint. A nip and tuck if you will. Still recognisable but with a fresher appearance.

Agree with all this. Don't see what the fuss is about. I'm happy as long as it works and it seems to be working fine to me. My only niggle is that my avatar now appears on the home page and my account page (in itself an improvement I'd say) but as a squashed, troll-like version of its normal self!!

mj

:laughing: YOU CAN'T SEE OTHER CACHERS COUNTS IN MY FREINDS :ph34r:

Is that to stop compertition? :anitongue:

What! I reckon currykev has something to do with that! :lol:

Was he not winning then (you can't say loosing it not PC)

No, no ,no, he's ahead, just slipping ahead :lol:

Avitar representation....

FAIL

Mine looks like I've put on loads of weight.

Oh... ok. I'll get my coat then...

Just checked though - the new web site is still shockingly bad for Opera Mobile users. I hope they sort this out soon as this weekend was going to be my branch out to use paperless Geocaching using Pocket PC...

FAIL

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

And have you seen the driving directions :anitongue:

Yes they are great.

I just checked the route from my house to a cache I did in SW France a few days ago and I think it was pretty accurate.

Anybody want to buy a Tom Tom Sat Nav? :laughing:

Edited by overanout

Just been logging some caches that I have done over the last three days and it gives today's date on each log rather than previous dates that I had adjusted the counter to display.

Stardate: 4 hours later- "Date working now!"

Edited by Budlaw

The 'new' look of the pages looks very old fashioned to me and the profile pages are a mess! :laughing:

But wait!

Did anyone notice this:

An error will now be generated when attempting to transfer ownership of a virtual or webcam cache using the /adopt tool

Does this mean that they are no longer adoptable?

M

Initial Release Notes are Here in this topic by Nate

To save you wadding through looking for more posts by him

Nates Reply One

Nates Post two

Nates Post Three

Nates Post Four

If you intend to post to that topic, please read it all, in case what you intend to post about has already been raised

Does anybody know what is meant by"Added region search to UK and Ireland"?

We've now got Regions in the UK, so hopefully the Regions Search Filter is fully functional now.

For a explanation please see

This post for the initial decision on Regions

And this Topic discussing the implimentation of the Regions

An error will now be generated when attempting to transfer ownership of a virtual or webcam cache using the /adopt tool

Ah I wondered how long it would take someone to spot this. Unfortunately they have been locked back down. Please remember that they were originally locked down, it was only due to a previous Coding Update that they were accidental unlocked. Groundspeak always intended in rectifying this.

Ah I wondered how long it would take someone to spot this. Unfortunately they have been locked back down. Please remember that they were originally locked down, it was only due to a previous Coding Update that they were accidental unlocked. Groundspeak always intended in rectifying this.

i thought it was non-consensual, or forced, adoption which was blocked? I must confess, I don't recall adoptions being blocked if both parties were happy...

Just out of interest, and I appreciate this is somewhat wishful thinking, but have Groundspeak ever considered asking any of its users/customers about any substantial changes like this? (ie, getting rid of virtuals, not the updating of the graphics...) I'm sure we in the UK aren't the only ones who like virtuals, and our friends in the US must be rather peev'd off about this as well!