Should I wait to upgrade to Premium now

gr8johnson

With your question comes mine: Paid my 1st renewal last week, you think I should ask for a refund?

Absolutly not. Update was done yesterday and they are fixing most problems right away. If you really prefer to wait another wait the feel more secure then do so.

I was going to up grade this week to premium membership. Should I wait a bit longer to get the bugs out of the new system?

Go for it now! Plus they need the extra dough to work out any future bugs! :laughing:

So far the only problem I've come across is the system won't change my avatar, even though it has changed in my profile...weird.

I'm trying to up-grade my membership atm...

It expired in May, and I knew we wouldn't be doing much caching so I waited until now to do it..BUT now when I try to up-grade it is making it retro-active from when it expired, and instead of giving me a year from today..it is making it expire in may instead! Help! I can't even find a phone number to call and try to do this over the phone.

I'm trying to up-grade my membership atm...

It expired in May, and I knew we wouldn't be doing much caching so I waited until now to do it..BUT now when I try to up-grade it is making it retro-active from when it expired, and instead of giving me a year from today..it is making it expire in may instead! Help! I can't even find a phone number to call and try to do this over the phone.

Please write contact@geocaching.com they can help you with this. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

No need/reason to wait/put it off.

Most of the issues are cosmetic

I expect most everything will be taken care of in the next week or two.

Dunno. A major aspect of how I play this game has been broken with the 'upgrades'. If it doesn't need fixing why break it? Many have complained about this problem, and we have been ignored. No comments whatsoever. Makes me feel lower than whale poop. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

We print out our cache pages from MSIE Print Preview. A very nice wysiwyg. Been doing it for four years. Can't do it anymore. TPTB don't seem to care about us curmudgeons.

Sorry. Feeling very unwanted. Only paperless need apply.

We upgraded to Premium last month. Today is the first time I realized that i can now post on the forums here.

But I see that it doesn't say "Premium Member" over there on the left.

<<<<<

And I've read mention of an "Off Topic" forum, but don't see it anywhere.

Not sure if I should be doing something or just not be concerned until the dust has settled.

Dunno. A major aspect of how I play this game has been broken with the 'upgrades'. If it doesn't need fixing why break it? Many have complained about this problem, and we have been ignored. No comments whatsoever. Makes me feel lower than whale poop. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

We print out our cache pages from MSIE Print Preview. A very nice wysiwyg. Been doing it for four years. Can't do it anymore. TPTB don't seem to care about us curmudgeons.

Groundspeak has said they are addressing the problem. We can only fix so many in a day. It will be fixed. No one is ignoring you. No need to feel abandoned and alone adrift is a sea of paperless caching. We ask your patience while we take care of the issues. A lot has been fixed already including the trackables position and the return of the Friends find counts. Hang in there it will all be addressed.

Groundspeak has said they are addressing the problem. We can only fix so many in a day. It will be fixed. No one is ignoring you. No need to feel abandoned and alone adrift is a sea of paperless caching. We ask your patience while we take care of the issues. A lot has been fixed already including the trackables position and the return of the Friends find counts. Hang in there it will all be addressed.

Actually I read the following to mean something like "we can't really fix it".

Printing - If you're printing the cache pages without first viewing one of the print friendly versions, I'm afraid we can't guarantee how it will look. If this is your preferred way to print, you will have better luck by printing in "landscape" mode. That should keep the left side of the page from being truncated. Also, I have written up problems associated with the .pdf version when using IE (Try Firefox - you may like it better) so that will get another look soon.

I will keep you posted on the Google situation. Thanks all.