How do you locate "Challenge Caches"

Some time ago I stumbled onto a description of a "challenge cache" in Florida that required you locate a cache in several counties, then you'd be sent information about the "final". Now, I can't remember where I found that, and I don't know how to find it again. I've read about several other challenge caches that sound interesting (like finding all 81 T/D combinations). I've looked at my PQ options, and Challenge Caches are not an option, as many of you probably already know. Is there a way to search out challenge caches in my area? Are they listed as Mystery Caches? Thanks for any help.

Aha, here's where the text is. I'll copy my reply from the other thread.

- Search for caches with word "Challenge" in the title

- Search for caches with words like "Alphabet", "fizzy", "County", and "DeLorme" in the title

- Once you find a few starting caches, see if they're included on any bookmark lists of challenge caches

Also, the original one you described is more of a multi-part puzzle cache. The challenge caches where you find all 81 D/T combinations is often called a "fizzy" challenge, named after a friend of the owner of the original "Fizzy Challenge".

Good luck!

Local to you is my Golden Oldies Challenge. You need to find the oldest cache in each county in the west central region of Florida.

In Florida, there's a Fizzy Challenge and an Icon Challenge, both of those are owned by a Brevard County cacher, titk-4, so the finals are over in Brevard. Nearer you (though still a distance) is my A-Z ALR cache

And as mentioned, Florida doesn't have a DeLorme Challenge, but it does have the South Florida Challenge Quest, North Florida CQ and Final Challenge Quest

Isonzo Karst,

Nice run down of the local challenges, Thanks. I just checked out your A-Z ALR Cache, and found that I need 6 more (non regular) letters and 4 more icons. All those Montu/Jodster Multi's in Starkey Park will really helped with that challenge, and I see you have a "Zig Zag" multi which is the only Z I can find for miles. Thanks for the great information and something new to work towards.

Some time ago I stumbled onto a description of a "challenge cache" in Florida that required you locate a cache in several counties, then you'd be sent information about the "final". Now, I can't remember where I found that, and I don't know how to find it again. I've read about several other challenge caches that sound interesting (like finding all 81 T/D combinations). I've looked at my PQ options, and Challenge Caches are not an option, as many of you probably already know. Is there a way to search out challenge caches in my area? Are they listed as Mystery Caches? Thanks for any help.

If I want to find a challenge cache somewhere in the US I go here .

Jim