All numeric date display

FraCaMen

Does anyone outside the USA also get confused every time with those all numeric display of dates?

Here in Europe were we are use to a dd-mm-yy format while in the US mm-dd-yy is used, and it seems that in Japan they use yy-mm-dd. I know that geocaching.com uses the US format but still I get confused by it every time I see something like 8/2/2008. I first read it as 8th of February while it means 2th of August.

So my request is to stop using the all numeric date formats and use something like 2-Aug-2008. That way no-one gets confused.

Does anyone outside the USA also get confused every time with those all numeric display of dates?

Here in Europe were we are use to a dd-mm-yy format while in the US mm-dd-yy is used, and it seems that in Japan they use yy-mm-dd. I know that geocaching.com uses the US format but still I get confused by it every time I see something like 8/2/2008. I first read it as 8th of February while it means 2th of August.

So my request is to stop using the all numeric date formats and use something like 2-Aug-2008. That way no-one gets confused.

I vote for MODIFIED JULIAN DATES.

How about using ISO 8601 standard format instead? That is, YYYY-MM-DD, which would not only be both logical, but also easy to understand even for us non-native English users.

And, related to this, could we please have time zones added to user information? It keeps being sorta confusing that the geo-midnight is at 10 in the morning. :)

Yes, this is confusing and inconvenient to the many non-American users of this site. However it has been discussed in these forums several (many?) times over the past year or two. If I remember correctly TPTB have said that this should be a feature of the new site design when that is released.