Account information

MineRP

It would be very useful to have listed on a members MY ACCOUNT page a list of my caches requiring MAINTENANCE and caches that have been TEMPORARILY DISABLED. Some time I just forget which one could use a little TLC, or in which order it is required. Just a thought, maybe even a nag to keep me on my toes. Thanks

My cellphone has a 'to do' list.

My PDA(s) have 'to do' lists.

Your 'Traveler Inventory' used to (has that changed?) give you a reminder if you held a TB over two weeks.

There are a myriad of freeware calendar programs for the PC to nag you about anything you think you need to be nagged about.

I don't think we need to bother the site developers about this.

The problem with the myriad of programs out there is that another thing that needs to be opened and used at the cache site. I have a freeware "counter" program to have my find count on my PDA (since Cachemate for some strange reason doesn't do it for me) I often forget to use it so it becomes somewhat less than accurate.

We go to the GC.COM website to access an up-to-date database, most of the information we want is already there, so why would we not want to have easy access to it?

There are a myriad of freeware calendar programs for the PC to nag you about anything you think you need to be nagged about.

Yes, it's true that no matter what system one uses to keep track of 'things to do', one still has to remember to look at it occasionally.

I think something that can be used in the field is more helpful.

If it were something that was a part of GC.com, you still have to log into the site to get reminded.

If it's a separate program on your computer, you get the reminder when you boot up.

In either of these cases, for me, I suspect I would be reminded that I SHOULD have stopped at Cache XYZ earlier in the day! :lol:

If the 'to do' list is on a portable device being carried by me, at least there is a chance I can develop the good habit of looking at the list when I am out where I can possibly do something about maintenance.

For CacheMate users, you could also create a special category for 'Needs Maintenance'.

If you are a 'print it out!' cacher, then print your own cache page and put the needy ones on top of the pile.

Geeesss..............

I think something that can be used in the field is more helpful.

If it were something that was a part of GC.com, you still have to log into the site to get reminded

Appreciate your thoughts, but I usually don't keep "MY" caches loaded on my PDA or GPSr and " well yea ", that's the whole point is to get a reminder when you log in to your account. I would imagine you must log into GC.COM to do everything else you want.

Don't know how a simple reminder/list on GC.COM, MY ACCOUNT page leads to PDAs or systems or other programs to keep track, jeessss.......again. Guess I think way too simple.

All other pertinent information is there, and keeping " in your face " caches that require maintenance is a good thing, well for me anyway. I have quite a few caches placed and take pride in keeping them in good condition, this list would be just another tool/resource to help.

Cheers

Appreciate your thoughts, but I usually don't keep "MY" caches loaded on my PDA or GPSr

If they need maintenance, maybe you should?

I would imagine you must log into GC.COM to do everything else you want.

I typically log into the site at the end of the day, perhaps to log finds or maintenance visits. If I am 'in for the day' it's too late for a reminder from GC.com.

Don't know how a simple reminder/list on GC.COM, MY ACCOUNT page leads to PDAs or systems or other programs to keep track, jeessss.......again. Guess I think way too simple.

Actually, you don't think simple enough.

If you use a cellphone or PDA, you already have the tools necessary to remind you about your personal 'to do' list. Whether it be cache maintenance issues, or what to pick up at the grocery store on your way home.

I am only trying to help you, since I doubt the site is going to provide this service just for you.

All other pertinent information is there, and keeping " in your face " caches that require maintenance is a good thing, well for me anyway. I have quite a few caches placed and take pride in keeping them in good condition, this list would be just another tool/resource to help.

Cheers

I applaud your commitment to keep your caches properly maintained! :mad:

In the absence of some sort of natural disaster, like a hurricane, earthquake or volcanic eruption, I would say that if you have so many caches in need of maintenance that you are having problems remembering about them, you have exceeded your personal limit of maintainable caches.

Second. This could be quite useful. You could add to it any TBs/GeoCoins that you've kept too long. Sort of a "ToDo" list.

Prior to the 7/23/08 release, there used to be an asterix next to any travel bugs that you have held on to for more than two weeks. That disappeared the minute that they moved the inventory to the botton of My Account Quick View. It also remained out of commission when they moved the travel bug inventory back to it's most logical place. And it remains missing even after being reported in that 15 page long thread.

There are actually quite a few things that have been asked to be returned back to normal, and some logical things that should also have been done, that to this date remain un-worked-on. I thought that all the big hubbub of frantic overtime-paid bug fixing ended weeks ago.

I shall try to condense the things that I think are logical and should be done here.

1. Opionate said in post #1 that Added asterisk to Mega-Event caches in profile geocache tab. But GPS Adventure Exhibit caches and Wherigo caches do not have an asterik even though they add into the count of your total caches. I reported this in post #11.

2. My post #641 which refers to some prior posts STILL remain in effect.

3. OOPS, it appears that the warning of holding onto travel bugs too long was not in the Release Notes rant but in this post http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=199979&hl=

4. I can't think of anything else right now, just got back from the Mega event in Quebec, 7.5 days away from home and have yet to log the 100 caches I did, plus the 100-200 geocoins that I say and am moving along.

5. Actually I'll add one other. In line with your original post here. I once asked that when you go to My Account, and go to the "Geocaches (Mine)" tab, it should report the date of the last found, and if there is a note, or needs maintenance log then there should either be another date, or the date shown should be that. I.E. Any log of any kind should show up in the list of that page. I can't spend the time right now looking through my 1000+ posts to find that particular thread, a simple search just now did not turn it up, but I didn't expect that to work anyway.

Edited by trainlove

Second. This could be quite useful. You could add to it any TBs/GeoCoins that you've kept too long. Sort of a "ToDo" list.

Prior to the 7/23/08 release, there used to be an asterix next to any travel bugs that you have held on to for more than two weeks. That disappeared the minute that they moved the inventory to the botton of My Account Quick View. It also remained out of commission when they moved the travel bug inventory back to it's most logical place. And it remains missing even after being reported in that 15 page long thread.

Yes, I know about the asterix reminder for TBs and it's recent history. And I do miss the reminder. The OP was about a "ToDo" list on your "My Account" page that would include several reminders. I was only suggesting that it be used to consolidate all the "reminders" into one spot and the TB asterix function could be one of them. It could be used to consolidate any other "Things ToDo" that are currently spread throughout the site - like the "Needs Maintenance" notices.

My cellphone has a 'to do' list.

My PDA(s) have 'to do' lists.

Your 'Traveler Inventory' used to (has that changed?) give you a reminder if you held a TB over two weeks.

Excuse me, but this part of the forum exists for the purpose of "bothering the site developers" about our ideas. If you don't feel that an idea would be useful to you, please just ignore the thread. Thank you.