New TB Etiquette

T-bone's Team

I just read three logs from different cachers in different caches that I am planning to hit in Oregon this weekend. The commonality they share is that they are stating if you take a TB you should leave a TB. Since when did this become the accepted thought. I have always understood that TB were meant to be moved freely about the nation....cache to cache....sea to glorious sea....within the goal given of course.

Must have been snoozing when everyone decided this one.

T-Bone

One of my pet peeves! I found a cache today that restricted the flow of trackables. Arg!

Not only that but they had put some tracables in the cache which I guess were theirs only they were photo copies with numbers. Not even real. I thought that was kinda cheap. I'm cheap myself but not that cheap.

If you have a TB in hand to leave, that is fine. But silly rules like that will mean only those who have a TB in their possession at all times will be able to trade. I like to move and leave TBs, and am sure that the owners like seeing their pets move also, instead of sitting in some cache/prison waiting on just the right person to come along. Leaving one in a cache to share the fun, if possible, is a courtesy that I extend as I am tickled when others think of me.

To those who place caches big enough to hold TBs, thank you, thank you, thank you. But be aware that I do not feel bound by your rules that you wish to place on someone else's property. The cache is yours, not the visitors.

That said, will the holders of my TBs please put them into caches and share the fun with your fellow cachers. PLEASE?

I think that people say that because your are suppose to trade even, but if you can help the travel bug on its journey then i don't see a problem with taking one and not leaving one. The goal of the tb is to travel and the owner wants to see it travel so it should travel and hot have to sit there while the everyone findsthe cache but cannot take the said tb because they don't have one to leave in its place.

I just read three logs from different cachers in different caches that I am planning to hit in Oregon this weekend. The commonality they share is that they are stating if you take a TB you should leave a TB. Since when did this become the accepted thought. I have always understood that TB were meant to be moved freely about the nation....cache to cache....sea to glorious sea....within the goal given of course.

Must have been snoozing when everyone decided this one.

T-Bone

It's not true. Don't believe a word of it. Your understanding of the situation was correct. They are meant to travel freely. Thank you for asking, send them this thread if they don't believe you.

I think that people say that because your are suppose to trade even, but if you can help the travel bug on its journey then i don't see a problem with taking one and not leaving one. The goal of the tb is to travel and the owner wants to see it travel so it should travel and hot have to sit there while the everyone findsthe cache but cannot take the said tb because they don't have one to leave in its place.

travel bugs are not "trade items". You don't trade them to keep. You pick them up to move along.