Bookmark lists.

Corp Of  Discovery

Currently we are allowed 20 bookmark lists, of which one is the 'Ignore List' one that can't be removed. Could we possibly have a few more (maybe a total of 25) and not have the 'Ignore List' one count against the total? There are quite a few challenge caches that are a lot easier to keep track of this way and a few more lists would really come in handy.

I don't think the Ignore List is counted in your total.

It is- at least according to my bookmarks page. I don't ignore any caches which makes that particular list useless to me. I tried deleting it and it can't be done (or even edited for that matter).

I'm going to ask a stupid question. After making sure there are no caches in the list; have you tried Archiving your Ignore List?

It is- at least according to my bookmarks page. I don't ignore any caches which makes that particular list useless to me. I tried deleting it and it can't be done (or even edited for that matter).

I'm going to ask a stupid question. After making sure there are no caches in the list; have you tried Archiving your Ignore List?

I just looked at it, and the Archive button (along with name, description, and sharing options) is grayed out. Though maybe if you submit the right request (I think Opera allows editing of the source?), it might work. I don't want to try it.

I haven't run into the limit, but the way I've heard it on this forum is that your Ignore list is counted in the count at the bottom of the page, but won't really be counted (so you can have "21 of the maximum 20" lists)

Not that I can see. It says "You have created 20 of the maximum allowed 20 Bookmark Lists." at the bottom of the page and "Create a Bookmark List- Please Archive a Bookmark List before creating a new one." at the top. The option for creating a new one isn't there.

I just looked at it, and the Archive button (along with name, description, and sharing options) is grayed out. Though maybe if you submit the right request (I think Opera allows editing of the source?), it might work. I don't want to try it.

Interesting. This makes me glad I haven't created an Ignore List.

Interesting. This makes me glad I haven't created an Ignore List.

That's part of my problem- I never actually wanted to have an ignore list. I put a cache on there one time to see how it worked- now I'm stuck with it. :D

Okay, I decided to try my idea, and it worked fine. In Opera, I can choose "View Source" then do a search for "Archive Listing" and find the <input> tag for the button. Then remove the

disabled="disabled"

from the end of the tag and "apply changes". Now the "Archive" button works fine. And when I ignore a listing again, it's re-created.

So... why is the button grayed out?

Okay, I decided to try my idea, and it worked fine. In Opera, I can choose "View Source" then do a search for "Archive Listing" and find the <input> tag for the button. Then remove the

disabled="disabled"

from the end of the tag and "apply changes". Now the "Archive" button works fine. And when I ignore a listing again, it's re-created.

So... why is the button grayed out?

Don't have or use Opera. While helpful, this really doesn't address my original request...thanks tho.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

I know it's not a solution at all, I just wanted to try it. There's just that pesky "disabled" word in there B) that stops you from deleting it - the button will delete it but the browser won't let you click on it because it's been told not to.

As for raising the limit, I do sometimes find myself getting close to it. It seems a bit low. But then of course, people will run into whatever new limit is set.

Edited by Corey