Geocoin Collections

Tater & Cupcake

(Mac-friendly is a plus, but not required)?

Aloha!

I've been meaning to crack open "Numbers" - the Excel-esque spreadsheet app that came bundles with iWork with the hopes of making a database for keeping track of both my geocoin and regular coin collections - but sadly I have yet to find the time! Ms. Tiki is the Excel wiz - and one day I hope to bribe her into teaching me :huh:

Would love to be able to print out all my tracking #'s to hand out at events (as I have seen the pros do from time to time) from an easily updated list on my computer.

I use the database function that came with my MS Works package. It loads quickly even with over 2000 records. It's a sinch to search for tracking #s or activation codes. Printing up all the records (or just selected ones) into a booklet form is also a piece of cake.

Anthus created a program for collectors and traders that is based in MS Access. Lots of info such as minting records etc and pics/icons. Geolobo also has one he's been hawking on Ebay. Both are going for around $20 for the basic program.

Edited by Droo

OK, I admit it. Mine are a mess.

They are piled up in a basket that I keep on my desk. I pour them all out and play with them sometimes when I am feeling blue. I don't typically trade or sell them.

All the ones that I have are special to me for one reason or another.

I do keep the "special" ones separate and they are displayed in a variety of ways.

For example, my Jedi is in my little camp trailer balanced next to my favorite coffee cup. I see it every morning and show it off and explain it to anyone who comes by, or has coffee with me on my teeny little deck. All of my specially obtained ones are done like that so that I can enjoy them regularly. They stir up happy memories and special times and people.

It doesn't seem likely that I'll ever get to the point where I'll get technical with the organization of them...though that would probably help me to know more about them.

Bet you were looking more for computerized ways to do this, but this is as good as I am gonna get....

Trying to smile, anne

First I activate what coins I plan to keep. Sometimes they get a new name and a mission...but only sometimes. They all get Sparticus06 in front of them though.

Then I set up the portable photo studio and take a pic, front and back, of each coin.

I edit each pic and place the front and back pics together and then upload to that coins profile page.

I then enter the name and tracking code of each coin and either it's icon or a similar pic of it to a spreadsheet in Works.

Then I place each coin in a certain order in my Case It book. Each page has a theme of some sort.

That would be it. I am a little behind on pics, so I am still back up at the second step....lol

Edited by Sparticus06

another vote for a home grown access database for me. It sort of grew out of the one I was using to process GPX files, track caches and travel bugs so it's all integrated for those coins I do end up activating. I also use GeoCoin Collecting pages which sort of works well to cross reference for when I forget to update one or the other and easier to publish seeking and for trade lists.

Sue

I use a simple excel-sheet that came with the computer. It works for me.

I have trackingnumber, name, bought/given/traded, who I got/traded it from, for what it was traded, date when it were put in grodans coincollection( an unpublished cache where I keep my coins virtually) as the different columns.

I can make it be in alphabetic order or trackingnumbers order or date.

grodan Karin