Wrong Country with Postal Codes

murfster

Thanks :unsure: there are indeed .. I searched and found 8 pages on postal codes inn the UK. Found the same question asked..

"When some local cachers phoned me and asked if I could search for a post code GU46 6BT which is a post code for Yateley near Farnborough, United Kingdom...

When I tried this all I got was a list of german caches ... the same as they had ... is this a local problem or a gliche for the PTB ?"

BUT there are no answers. If you use advanced search or PQ's it is fine but if you enter a UK Postak code on the main GC page you get Germany.

I think it is a bug?

Murfster

BUT there are no answers. If you use advanced search or PQ's it is fine but if you enter a UK Postak code on the main GC page you get Germany.

I think it is a bug?

I've heard of results being returned for several different countries, but codes starting with "G" seem to usually end up in Germany. I've also read that on at least one of the search pages (not sure which) you can add ", UK" to the end and it will keep you in the UK.

It sounds like a bug although it is probably hard for the system to determine whether you intend to find a UK or German postcode. Is that a valid German postcode...?

It sounds like a bug although it is probably hard for the system to determine whether you intend to find a UK or German postcode. Is that a valid German postcode...?

No, German postcodes have always 5 digits.

For UK you can use a prefix or suffix:

UK-GU46 6BT

or

GU46 6BT, UK