Are We Back To This?

TexasGringo

Trying to post a message to the forum...it happened a few times today.

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in E:\Inetpub\forums\GC\sources\ipsclass.php on line 1111

One word! YES!

I think the forums are getting much more of a workout then they ever had before. Especially with the 7/23 Release, and less so with the 8/19 and 9/3 REleases.

A long time ago it was suggested that the forums servers get upgraded as the geocaching servers did in 2007.

As a workaround, for those who don't know that impatience can lead to multiple copies of their posts, new and replies, would be to put a big bold warning right above the Submit button. That too was mentioned months ago when repeated messages were the norm and not the exception.

Hello to everyone here on this Web site forum... I haven't ventured to post here before.

I've been patiently hoping... hoping... hoping... for about 2 months that this problem would be sorted out. I'm getting fed up of seeing the little spinning thing when I try to connect to the Forums, or refresh the page.

Double and even triple posts are becoming more frequent over on the UK Forum - A couple of weeks back one person managed to start 3 identical new Topics! - I donned my other hat, put on the duck feathers to "Mod" them invisible and it then took ages to get logged in to my Mod account, by which time the jokers had started posting on them :unsure::)

OK. I've had my little grump now... I'll wander off again...

BTW - I'd like a pony too, please :D

MrsB

Are you not having problems because you read a lot on the boards and don't post much?

I've experienced the slow loading times of the forums for a while. I rarely wind up with a double post these days though. Not because the forums aren't screwy, but because they've been screwy so long that I've learned how to work around it; like copying my post before I hit the submit button and chilling out while I wait for the php error. Then I reload the page to see if my post went through. If it did, I'm good to go. If it didn't, I just paste in the text I have learned to copy.

But being a patient person who doesn't post very much so they don't necessarily notice the problem doesn't mean it's not happening right under their nose. :unsure: