Nuvi Paperless Problem

Whimppeys

I have gone paperless on a Nuvi 250W. I followed the direction from pilotsnopes and downloaded all. I successfully cached and had a great time.

Now I am trying again to download more caches that I have in GSAK. I filtered the caches by proximity to my home and press the Nuvi button for the macro. There are only 480 caches.

When I attempt to load through POI Loader I receive and error message indicating that the C:\gsak\poiloader/Geocache TourGuide.gpx is invalid. It asks if I would like to proceed. I press yes and nothing happens. There are only the old caches on the Nuvi.

I have been able to filter and load the original caches that I downloaded and found the first time. But no luck here with th e new ones.

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks

Try limiting the number of caches on the next filter. I don't know if it is a lack of memory problem or a bad record, but I get them as well. I've had as many as 1200 caches on my 350, but now I has to keep it smaller or I get the same error as you. I'm thinking bad record somewhere, but I've also got a favorites file on there that I keep growing... albeit more slowly. so I can't rule out lack of memory. Gut feel though.... bad record.

Try limiting the number of caches on the next filter. I don't know if it is a lack of memory problem or a bad record, but I get them as well. I've had as many as 1200 caches on my 350, but now I has to keep it smaller or I get the same error as you. I'm thinking bad record somewhere, but I've also got a favorites file on there that I keep growing... albeit more slowly. so I can't rule out lack of memory. Gut feel though.... bad record.

I will. Thanks for the advise. I did clear the old caches off of the GPS the first couple of tries. But not on the last try. The GPS even allowed me to download an old set of caches the I had used.

I don't think it will allow me to load more than 500 on mine. I would like to find out whether I could use a SD and load even more on.

Thanks again.