Ripped off!

ArtieD

I was playing around on CrazyCaches.com and came upon "The Ultimate Nightmare Cache System" up for sale for $20. It is the focus of a cache with numerous DNF's...the same cache system used, in fact.

So, I plunked down the near $25 and figured that is must be a neat container and couldn't wait to place it. This is what I got in the mail:

Are you kidding me? $25 shipped for a silver bison tube and plastic nipple? :blink::anicute::blink:

What's even worse is that just by using this cache you quite possibly go outside of guidelines because you have to either hammer or drill into a surface to place the plastic nipple that holds the bison tube.

I was always taught to find the good in every situation, so I guess I can be happy that I got a spare bison tube for another cache I have out...I never thought it'd cost me $25.

:blink:

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

Yep. looks like someone took you for a sucker.

I don't get "...simple, but very effective..." Effective at what? Hiding? How is it any different than any other bison-sized micro?

I know...I guess I can chalk this one up as a mistake on my part.

I just wanted to add that I just got an email from crazycaches basically demanding that I remove my log from the cache in question, also stating this...and I do quote:

"You did not have our permission to use our name in your posting and legal action will follow if you do not delete your log."

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I don't get "...simple, but very effective..." Effective at what? Hiding? How is it any different than any other bison-sized micro?

I just wanted to add that I just got an email from crazycaches basically demanding that I remove my log from the cache in question, also stating this...and I do quote:

"You did not have our permission to use our name in your posting and legal action will follow if you do not delete your log."

Methinks this is going to get ugly. Aw shucks, it already has.

Yeah, I'd say it's a guideline violation. You can only use your hands to place a cache, you know. :anicute:

Methinks this is going to get ugly. Aw shucks, it already has.

Yeah, I'd say it's a guideline violation. You can only use your hands to place a cache, you know. :anicute:

Do you mean I have to stop using my jack hammer and backhoe? :blink:

Mod...please remove or close this thread. Due to a serious misunderstanding it is no longer valid and an acceptable agreement has been reached. Thank you.

They refunded your money and are no longer selling the product?

I don't think they can take legal action on action that is not actionable. I'd say spending $20 on a $5 worth of hardware and a xerox copy is, well, not worth it, to say the least.

This is the first symptom of a bad company... Toothless threats of legal action for doing nothing more than telling the truth about your negative experience with their product or service. I've seen this time and time again, with several different small internet companies who market to a small niche group. Like they don't expect us to talk to each other??? I suppose that if the problem is hushed up, then there is no problem??

There's nothing they can do, you are free to say whatever you want about a company and you are completely protected. Tell the truth and you have nothing to worry about.

After following a link on Gmail (google ad) I looked at their overpriced creations and even my noob girlfriend concluded we could make almost everything they offered with a trip to Hobby Lobby. The one they don't actually explain what it is looked too fishy for words.

I'm sorry, I just don't see myself mailing off $25 for an unknown.

I just looked at the site and saw the magnets. Wonder if K&J gave them legal permission to use their photos.

D82L2.jpg

Crazycaches image of magnets (1 dollar each)

D82.jpg

K&J Magnetics picture of same magnets (55 cents each)

Nice catch! K&J might be interested in this I've bought stuff from K&J and always found them to be a first-rate company. They are certainly getting ripped off!

I was playing around on CrazyCaches.com and came upon "The Ultimate Nightmare Cache System" up for sale for $20. It is the focus of a cache with numerous DNF's...the same cache system used, in fact.

So, I plunked down the near $25 and figured that is must be a neat container and couldn't wait to place it. This is what I got in the mail:

Are you kidding me? $25 shipped for a silver bison tube and plastic nipple? :blink::anicute::blink:

What's even worse is that just by using this cache you quite possibly go outside of guidelines because you have to either hammer or drill into a surface to place the plastic nipple that holds the bison tube.

I was always taught to find the good in every situation, so I guess I can be happy that I got a spare bison tube for another cache I have out...I never thought it'd cost me $25.

:blink:

Just a couple thoughts:
  • You wandered about the site past all the lame cache containers that anyone could easily make and then decided to give them $25 for something they didn't show a pic for or even really describe? Wow.
  • It saddens me just a bit that they have cheapo versions of caches that I used to make and sell. I hope people don't make the mistake of buying these thinking that they are going to get something better.

Edited by sbell111