Are you up to date?

I have been using an Etrax Vista for hunting for about 5 years now and recently discovered it wouldn't work anymore. When it tried to locate satellites it would powerdown. My wife told me to look for a new unit for this years hunt so, being a good husband, I did just that.

I ended up getting a 60CSx. I have yet to take it into the field but after using it around town to get used to it, I must say I like it quite well.

Initially, I was having problems getting the mapsource maps to load. So I called Garmin and talked to a tech rep who informed me the unit was looking to connect via USB but the old Mapsource software was unable to do this. I downloaded the free udate from Garmin.com and the problem is solved.

While speaking to the rep she asked if this was my first Garmin product. I told her about the old Vista and she asked why I was replacing it. When I told her about the problem she said "does it have a vertical line down the screen?" My answer was "yes". She said "Oh, you don't need a new unit, just download the free unit software upgrade from our website and it will be as good as new"...

Soooo, I learned a valuable lesson,

Just because it don't work, don't mean it's broke.

Check the website for a software upgrade, it could save you the cost of a new unit...