COINTEST: Design Help!--contest

The Weasel

Hi fellow geocoiners,

I am in desperate help with creating a design for the back of my geocoin that I am wanting to make. I had somebody help design a "wooden nickel" design for me a few years ago, but is now outdated. I don't have the skillset to creat a design or know much about doing it via Photoshop or whatever is needed to create one. I have posted below what the front of the coin is probably going to look like. The only thing I was looking at was keeping the "wood" look to it, but other than that anything goes as far as I'm concerned. If ANYBODY is willing to help me I would be very greatful. In fact, I would even be willing to give a few geocoins that I create to whoever comes up with the best design!

If anybody can help a struggling cacher, either post your design here or send it my way to..

weaselts1@msn.com

64070_1600.jpg

So far the companies I have checked with don't seem to think the "wood" look would be much of a problem. I just need to come up with some sort of design for the back. I'm hoping that there might be some good Photoshopians that might be able to use their artistic genius and create a cool design for the coin. Maybe a slogan of some sort like "Not caching for 7 days makes 1 WEAK!" or something like that. I am COMPLETELY open to all suggestions and designs!!!

If it helps, what I am thinking so far for the back is a "weasel" like character standing behind what looks like a Whitehouse podium giving the Nixon "victory" sign. I was thinking about having a around the coin in the back something like "In Weasel We Trust" or "In CITO/Caching we trust" something like that.

You'd probably have to use a print die in order to keep an authentic wood look (like the one in your pic).

Cute WN though.

Might be able to add some texture under translucent brown enamel.

I'm no expert (far from it) but I was thinking along those lines.

What do I know.... I'm just a stupid girl :D

It can be done in both 2d and 3d (done both), but print would probably look most authentic color-wise. If you do 2d or 3d I'd suggest antique copper as a metal finish. I've done brass, bronze and gold as well, but copper seemed to give us the best results.

You'd probably have to use a print die in order to keep an authentic wood look (like the one in your pic).

Cute WN though.

Might be able to add some texture under translucent brown enamel.

I'm no expert (far from it) but I was thinking along those lines.

What do I know.... I'm just a stupid girl :D

It can be done in both 2d and 3d (done both), but print would probably look most authentic color-wise. If you do 2d or 3d I'd suggest antique copper as a metal finish. I've done brass, bronze and gold as well, but copper seemed to give us the best results.

I'm curious to what people think is a better look, the POP goes the Weasel that Clarkbowman was nice enough to provide, or the idea concept that I am thinking about with the Weasel character behind a podium giving the Nixon "Victory" sign with "In caching we trust" around the coin. I do like the idea of the antique copper look. Is this a coin that people would want to see or trade for or buy? This is my first coin attempt so I want to get the vibe on it as well all know its not cheap to make a coin. From what I have seen, do most people sell a good majority of their extra coins on Ebay and stuff? I know that most coin places have a set minimum of like 100, and I know I wont need 100 coins. For those of you that have had coins made, which companies have done a good job/quality/service,a nd which companies should I stay away from? (You can send me an e-mail if your not comfortable calling companies out on the message board). Thanks everybody for your advice!!!